Chapter 45

Rowan:

We pull into Luke's gang's building, where they all hang out and do other things that may or may not be illegal. The man in the back has kept quiet, the only sounds we can hear are his struggling attempts of escaping.

Rachael has been oddly quiet ever since we left the burning warehouse. She seemed off, but I waved it off. We're in the middle of something important, and I can't get distracted.

"We're here!" Ashlyn shouts.

"Let's get him up." Flynn says.

Luke and Flynn both grab the man, dragging him towards a door. We follow them through a dark hallway and down two flights of stairs. The man continues to struggle, but Luke and Flynn just make their grip stronger.

"I'm going to call for some extra guys to help out. Just in case we need to persuade him a little harder." Luke says, bringing his phone to his ear.

We chain the man's ankles and wrists to the chair. I step forward and rip the duct tape off his face, causing him to let out a grunt.

"What's your name?" Ashlyn starts.

"I told ya. I ain't talkin' to ya." The man spits.

Ashlyn rolls her eyes, "You say that now, but you wait. I suggest you start talking now."

"Oh yeah? You gonna punish me sweetheart?" The man grins, displaying his yellow stained teeth.

Ashlyn scoffs, rolling her eyes, "You're a pig."

The man just grins.

"His name is Phillip Sturchmen." Rosie speaks up, entering the room. She hands me a file and turns to the man, "Next time, don't leave your wallet in your pants. It fell out."

"Phillip Sturchmen. 47 years old, born and raised in Boulder, Colorado." I sate, reading off the file.  I scan the file, looking for any dirt I can use as a leverage. My lips turn into a smirk when I find the perfect thing.

I turn to Phillip, "Looks here like you have a son. What's his name?"

Phillip stiffens, "Don't talk about my kid!"

I shrug my shoulders, "I'm just curious. I'm sure you're son would hate to know about you're illegal activities." I pause, gauging his reaction, "It'd be even harder if you're sitting in jail behind bars."

"Start talking or else we'll kidnap your kid." Ashlyn spats.

"Alright! Alright! Stop talking about my kid and I'll talk." Phillip mutters.

"Damn, I really wanted to beat the shit out of this guy." Luke mutters.

I look around the room and notice Rachael missing. Where was she? She would never miss an interrogation like this. In fact, Rachael loves leading the interrogation.

Ashlyn approaches Phillip, glaring down at him, "What were you doing at the warehouse?"

Phillip sighs, "I was hired to blow up the warehouse using C-4. He wanted me to get rid of any evidence that was left behind."

"Who hired you?"

"Some guy named Johnny. I don't know his last name. I've never really seen his face either. We only met once, and he was wearing a mask. I've never worked for this guy before. We met at some bar. I guess someone referred me to him."

"How can we get in contact with him?"

Phillip shrugs, "I don't know a phone number. We always use a burner phone and he always contacts me first."