Chapter 33

Rowan:

I wake up with a killer headache. It feels like there's knives continually stabbing me in the head. I knew the consequences of drinking too much yet here I am.

I sit up groggily, rubbing the sleep out my eyes. Right away, I know this isn't my room. In fact, I don't even remember much of last night. Let me clarify, I don't remember how I got home or what really happened after I saw Luke kissing the she-devil people call Ashlyn.

There's a grunt next to me and I look over to see a very looking disheveled Bella. I realize that I'm sleeping on a bed while Bella's camping on the floor.  
I hear a knock on the door and turn to see who it is. The door opens a crack and suddenly, Asher's head appears. He sees me looking at him and gives me a small smile.

"How are you doing?" Asher asks, stepping farther into the room.

"Kill me please." I mutter.

Asher chuckles, "I brought you some Advil and water. Drink." Asher passes me the Advil which I take gratefully.

Asher stands awkwardly at the door, as if he wants to say something. He keeps shifting from one foot to the other and rubs a hand on the back of his neck occasionally.

I raise a brow at him, "Is there something else you needed?"

Asher stops shifting feet and decides to walk over to me, sitting at the end of the bed. I turn to sit next to him and wait patiently for him to speak.

Asher looks over at me, "You were crying when you left the party last night. I know I asked you this before, but you were drunk last night. I'm going to ask you again; did anyone hurt you last night at the party?"

I pause for a moment, thinking to myself. Physically no, no one hurt me. Was I hurt emotionally? Yes. However, I don't really feel like telling Asher about my problems with Luke.

So I say, "No. No one hurt me." I look at Asher's skeptically face, "To be honest, I just get super emotional for no reason when I get super drunk." I add, hoping Asher buys my lie.

Asher still doesn't look convinced, but thankfully, my phone ringing saves me.

"Hello?" I question into the phone.

"Rowan! Where the hell are you? It's almost one in the afternoon!" Rachael exclaims, causing me to wince. My brain still hurting from my hangover.

"Calm down Rach. I slept over at Bella's. We were at a party last night and I was too drunk to drive home, so I crashed at Bella's house."

Rachael sighs, "Whatever. Anyways, I texted you like a hundred times this morning. We have a meeting at 1:30 about our next step. You better be sober and get your ass home before then."

"Okay mom, geez. I'll be home soon." I hang up the phone before Rachael can argue.

I shut my phone off and fall back onto the bed. Shockingly, Bella is still fast asleep. I rub my temples, begging for my headache to go away.

"Was that Rachael?" Asher asks, interrupting my suffering.

"Yeah it was. She wants me home now." I mumble.

"Why does she want you home so badly?"

"We have this stupid meet—" I freeze, catching myself last minute, "I mean, our parents are coming home from a business trip today, and they'll kill me if I'm not home when they get back."

Asher nods in understanding. After that, I grab my keys and a muffin that Bella's mom made and rush out of the house. I practically speed the whole way there but at this point, I don't care.