Chapter 16

Rowan:

The weekend comes to an end too soon and Monday is here. But today isn't just any old Monday. Luke, and I are sneaking into Kylie's house today. Ashlyn's coming too, but she was put on lookout. I've snuck into other people's houses before, and not once have I ever been caught. But then again, I was always with Rachael and Rosie. Now, I'm with two new people. I've decided to trust Luke, but Ashlyn on the other hand, well, I'm not so sure.

Rachael, Rosie, and I all take different cars today. After school, we're all splitting up. Rosie and Kylie are going shopping for homecoming supplies, while I'm going over to Kylie's house. Her parents apparently won't be home till around seven, which gives us plenty of time.

When I get to school, I expect to find Bella, but instead, I see Luke leaning against my locker. He's on his phone, not really paying attention to his surroundings. Smiling to myself, I slowly sneak up to him.

"Boo!" I scream.

Luke looks up from his phone and smirks at me. "Hey Princess."

I look at him confused, "You're weren't scared?" I ask, frowning.

"Nope. I could see you from my peripheral vison, but nice try. It was cute."

I glower at him. "Why are you at my locker anyways?"

"What? I can't wait for my friend at her locker?" He pouts.

I roll my eyes at him. "Yeah okay. Are you ready for after school?"

"Oh honey, I was born ready. Can I catch a ride with you after school? My parents dropped me off today. I also have something for you."

"Yeah sure. What do you have for me."

Luke pretends to zip his lips. "Nope. I can't tell you. You'll find out after school."

"Seriously?" I sigh. "Then why didn't you just tell me after school? Now I'm going to be wondering what it is all day."

Luke just grins and walks away, waving at me one last time. I shake my head and grab my books from my locker. I text Bella and ask where she is, and she tells me she just arrived at school. I decide to meet her halfway, too impatient to wait for her. I have to push my way through the crowds to get to the front doors. I spot Bella and Asher and try to wave at them.

"Bella!" I scream.

She looks up confused until she spots me. She grabs Asher's hand and drags him to me.

"Hey girlie. How was the rest of your weekend? Think about the dance?" Bella asks.

"Pretty relaxing rest of my weekend, and no, I haven't decided about the dance." I tell her.

"Seriously. You have to go! It'll be so much fun!" Bella practically begs.

"Are you guys talking about the dance?" Asher cuts in.

"Yes. And I am trying to convince Rowan that she needs to go to the dance. She's never been to one, and it's her senior year." Bella looks at me. "Just think. In ten years, you'll be thinking back to this moment and say to yourself, 'wow, I really wish I listened to Bella and had gone to that dance.'"

"You should go Rowan. It's not too bad. And if you need a date, well, I'm always available." Asher winks at me.

"Ugh. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but listen to Asher. Well, not about that last part. You don't need to go with him." Bella says.

I know Bella won't let up on this. She's persuasive and head strong. I mean, I guess it wouldn't hurt to go to the dance, right? It can't be that bad. I hope. Going to the dance will mean I'll need to go dress shopping, and I absolutely love shopping.