Chapter 26

Rowan:

Throwing the last of my clothes into my suitcase, I close it up and zip it shut. The plane is leaving in a few hours and then we're off. One week away from California, one week away from my drama, and most importantly, one week away from Luke.

"Are you almost ready to go? We're leaving in an hour." Rachael says, popping her head into my room.

I nod at her and she leaves me be. When we get to Manchester, we're staying at our old house. I'm excited to see some of the old gang members who are like family to me. Maybe Rachael will even be a little more happier since she'll be back home in Manchester. I don't think she considers L.A. her home still.

I grab my two suitcases and lug them down the stairs. The car is waiting for us downstairs so we can take off quick. Rachael's in the kitchen and I assume Rosie is loading her bags into the car.

"Hey Rosie, have you seen—" I start, but stop when I see a familiar figure talking to Rosie.

Both heads turn towards me when they hear me coming. Rosie stands there, eyes slightly wide, with Luke standing next to her.

"Rowan." Luke says, taking a step towards me.

"I, uh, I'm gonna go do something in the house." Rosie says, already walking away.

And then there were two.

"Rowan, " Luke smiles slightly. "Are you okay? You seemed upset yesterday, and then you said you weren't feeling good." Luke pauses, looking me up and down. "But, you seem fine now."

I clear my throat. "Yes, I wasn't feeling well, but I feel much better now."

Luke looks at me flatly. "Okay." Luke says, drawing out the 'ay.' "Since you feel better, I'm pretty convinced you're mad at me."

I sigh, rubbing my hands over my face, "I'm not mad at you Luke. I'm serious. I'm—"

How do I explain to Luke that I was feeling slightly jealous and hurt that he was dancing with Ashlyn? If I told him that, he would think I'm being childish. In a way, I kind of am, but I can't seem to help it.

"I was just really tired last night. I'm sorry if I took it out on you." What utter bullshit, I think to myself.

I can't tell if Luke believes me or not. If he doesn't believe me, he doesn't show it.

Nodding to himself Luke looks up, "Hm." Luke smiles, "It's a good thing you're not mad at me. I could never have my Princess be mad at me.

OMG. He said "my" and I'm sort of internally freaking out.

Stop!

You cannot let your feelings for Luke get like this.

My internal voice is right. I'm going to Manchester to get my mind off everything, including Luke.

"So, if you're not busy, I was wondering if you wanted to grab a bite to eat?" Luke asks, an adorable smile starting to form.

"I can't." Luke frowns. I continue on, "I'm going to Manchester for a bit. A week."

"A week?"

I nod my head. "Yeah. So, I should probably get going. I don't wanna miss the jet."

"Oh. Okay. Yeah, don't want you to miss your flight." Luke gives me a small smile, "I'll see you in a week?"

I nod at him, "Yeah, definitely." I wave goodbye before shutting the door closed.

The private jet has crème colored seats with tiny little beds. I get myself situated and ready for a long flight. I'll just relax, take a nap, maybe even watch a movie.