Epilogue

Rowan:

I adjust my cap on top of my head, making sure everything is in place. My white dress is under my dark blue gown and I look myself up and down. One moment, you're worried if you can get a date to the homecoming dance, and the next, you're preparing to receive your high school diploma.

"You look so grown up." My mom's voice whispers behind me.

I smile, "I couldn't have done this with out you."

Mom wraps her arms around me, "I love you so much Sweetheart. I'm so proud of everything you've accomplished so far."

"Don't cry mom." I hug her back.

"I'm sorry," Mom sniffs. She takes a deep breath, "Let's go. We don't want to be late."

We all take the same car, squeezing in tightly. Mom can't stop taking pictures of the three of us and Dad won't stop saying how proud he is of us. The ceremony is starting in an hour, but we have to be there early so we can all get in to position.

It was only a month ago that Rosie woke up from her coma. We all say it was a miracle that she survived. Rosie suffered a bit of memory loss however. She remembered our family and gang, but seemed to forget everything that happened since we arrived in California.

Rosie forgot people, including Luke and Ashlyn. She also forgot about Cooper, a boy she was very interested in and vice versa. At school, Cooper came up to me to ask how Rosie was and I told him that she was in a car crash and lost her memory. Cooper was devastated, but I knew it was for the best. Rosie would be returning to Manchester anyways.

Rachael and I couldn't even talk about the assignment around Rosie or else she would get upset. The doctor informed us that with time, Rosie may gain some of her memories back.

Mom and Dad also agreed that it was best that Rosie finish her senior school at home online. If she attended school, we worried that she would become to anxious around her surroundings. Luckily, Rosie still completed all her classes and was able to graduate with us.

The building that our ceremony is being held at appears in view. I don't know why, but I'm so nervous. My leg is bouncing up and down which annoys Rachael.

"Alright girls, we're here! We'll see you soon!" Mom says.

The three of us get out, stretching our legs. Rosie is quiet, taking in her surroundings. Rosie has been more quiet than she usually is. The doctor also told us that it was completely normal for someone to be quiet and shy after waking up from a coma.

Strong arms wrap around my waist from behind and pick me up, spinning me around. I start laughing, my sides hurting. Luke sets me down, kissing my cheek. After our talk at Luke's house, we seem to have gotten closer. I realized it was better to live in the present, not worry about the future.

"You ready for this Princess?" Luke asks.

I nod, "Ready as I'll ever be."

"Let's go then."

Our seating chart is based off last names, so unfortunately, Luke isn't sitting near me. Luckily, I do get to sit with my sisters. The auditorium is filled with lots of chatter. Students are tearing up (mostly the girls), and parents are already starting to take too many pictures.

A high pitched screech echoes through the room, causing some groans but quieting the room. Our principle steps up to the mic, preparing to start her long speech. I get comfortable, knowing Royal won't be called for awhile.

***

"Rowan Royal."

I stand up, legs shaking slightly. I start walking up the aisle, keeping my balance since I'm wearing heels. A round of applause follows my name and I can't seem to keep the grin off my face.