Chapter 5

Rowan:

Right before English class, I meet up with Rachael and Rosie. So far today, my classes have been pretty good. I was called Rosie or Rachael many times today, but I've gotten used to it by now. And thankfully, lunch is right after English, so I'll finally be able to eat.

When we walk into class, I immediately see three open desks next to each other. I also feel the eyes of about 15 people staring at us. God. I hate the attention. I keep my head down and grab one of the three seats. I start to take out my books when I feel a slight tap on my shoulder. I turn around.

"Uh, are you Rowan by any chance?" The guy, who I immediately recognize as Asher, the guy who helped me (kind of) when I got lost.

"Yes. That's me." I reply.

"Rowan." He smiles. "I'm happy that I found you. Glad to see you haven't gotten lost. Or, have you?" He smirks.

"Haha. So funny. You should be a comedian." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Glad to make you laugh." He grins.

"Whose this?" Rosie chirps from next to me. Stop the acting Rosie, you met him when you came to pick me up. This causes Rachael to turn towards us as well.

"Woah. You guys look so much alike." Asher says, brows raised. "And I'm Asher by the way."

"How'd you two meet?" Rachael asks.

"I, uh, I got a little lost while running the other day."

"Typical Rowan." Rachael chuckles. I scowl at her.

I'm about to add something when the bell rings. A middle aged women walks into the room. She has short bobbed cut hair and red glasses. She surveys the room, and stops when she gets to us. Her eyebrows raise slightly, and then she looks down at her iPad.

"Well would you look at that. Identical triplets. Let me see here," she looks at her iPad again, "You girls must be the Royal triplets."

I give the teacher a tight smile. Here's a pet peeve of mine. When it's the first day of school, and your teachers call you out in front of the class.

The teacher looks at the rest of the class. "Hello. My name's Ms. Willis. I'll be your English teacher this year. Since it's the first day, I'm going to call each of your names, and just raise your hand and say 'here'."

She continues down the line until she hits us. "Rachael Royal?" Rachael raises her hand. "Rosie Royal?" Rosie raises her hand. "And Rowan Royal." I raise my hand.

"I might need to split you girls up. There is absolutely no way I can remember whose who with you guys sitting next to each other. Luckily, I have a seating chart." The class groans.

A few minutes later, I feel another tap on my shoulder. "Hi there partner." I turn to see a shit grinning Asher looking at me.

It's not that Asher is mean. It's just that he's annoying. I've barely known him and he already knows how to push my buttons. God, can this class be any slower?

***

At lunch, I look around the crowded lunch room. I try finding Bella. She told me she usually sits by the windows. I make eye contact with her and wave.

"C'mon, that's Bella. She said we could sit with her."

Rosie, more than excited to meet a new person, practically speed walks over to the table. Rachael sighs and begins to follow us, but I stop her.

"What's up with you? It wouldn't hurt to crack a smile you know."

"Nothing. Nothing at all." Rachael smiles.