Chapter 14

Rowan:

The final whistle blows. We win the game, 36-17. The crowd roars with cheers, happy to win the first game of the year. Bella grabs my shoulders and jumps up and down, smiling from ear to ear. She tugs my arm and we make our way down to the football field. Other students also join on the field, congratulating players and taking photos.

Bella leads me through the large crowd until we're met with a grinning Asher. Bella runs over and hugs him. He takes his helmet off and shakes his hair.

"Congratulations Ashy!" Bella screams.

Asher ruffles her hair, causing her to smack his arm away. "Thanks Belle. What about you Royal? You going to give me a hug too? Maybe a kiss for the win?"

I wrinkle my noise. "Ew. You're all sweaty though." I get a whiff of him. "And smelly too." I add.

This causes Asher to grin and wrap me up in a tight hug. Asher practically squeezes me to death, even lifting me off the ground.

Asher puts me back on the ground with a smirk on his face. "You know you liked that." He winks. "Anyways, are you ladies coming to the party after?"

"Yes, obviously. I'm going to show Rowan here how we Americans love to party." Bella bumps my hip with hers.

Bella and Asher and keep talking about how big this party's going to be. Some guy whose super rich is throwing it. I hear he has a pool and hot tub with a huge bar in his house. I've been to lots of clubs and parties, but never a high school party.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Luke. He's already staring at me and when he catches me looking at him, he smirks. I swear, the only thing boys do is smirk. They don't even know how to smile properly. After seeing him, Luke makes his way over to us.

When Luke arrives, he throws his arm over my shoulders. I see Asher look at us weirdly before he clears his face. Asher looks at Luke. "Nice game dude." They give each other a nod and a fist bump.

"Did you enjoy the game?" Luke asks me, his arm still wrapped around my shoulders. Why haven't I taken his arm off me yet?

"Yeah. It was super fun watching you guys play." I say honestly.

"Admit it. You watched me the whole time, didn't you Princess?"

I roll my eyes at him. "Yeah right. Only in your dreams."

"Oh believe me, you are in my dreams." He smiles.

I hear a cough beside me and look to see Bella with raised brows. "So, uh, we should get going Ro. We still gotta find your sisters."

"Oh yeah, sure." I say, shrugging out of Luke's hold.

"You going to the party?" Luke asks me.

"Yeah I am. Are you?"

"I'd never miss a party." Luke says.

"Alright then, let's go." I tell Bella.

We wave goodbye to Luke and Asher. Asher's staring at me blankly and Luke's staring at me slightly confused too. Boys.

***

The party is actually near my house. Only about a few blocks away. The house is huge, with dozens and dozens of cars parked outside. The ground vibrates with the sound of the music. No one really changed after the game, except for the football players of course.

Right before me and Bella are about to head in, she holds me back. I look at her confusedly and she looks at me with pleading eyes.

"Bella? What's wrong?" I ask.