Chapter 48

Rowan:

Todays is the day we finally take down Johnathan. Everyone is quiet, lost in their own minds. It's crucial that the plan goes exactly the way we want it. We have nothing to lose now.

I thow a last punch at the annhilated punching bag. I take a deep breath and wipe the sweat off my forehead. I chug down the rest of the water and head to the showers.

I see Rachael still in the ring, determination plastered on her face.

"Take a break!" I shout at her.

"Five more minutes!" Rachael shouts back.

"We literally have to leave in an hour."

"Got that."

Luke and Ashlyn's gang is on their way to meet at my house. We're going over the plan one more time before we head out.

The doorbell rings and I run over to get the door.

Luke wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me close. He pulls aways and asks, "You ready to kick ass today?"

I nod, "I was born ready."

Someone makes a gagging sound behind us. I turn to see a disgusted Ashlyn.

"You guys are gross. Take it to the bedroom." Ashln mutters.

I roll my eyes, "Your jealosuy is adorable."

"Jeaously would be the last word I would ever use." Ashlyn scoffs.

"You two want to shut up? I can hear your bickering from across the house!" Rachael exclaims, "Let's just go over the plan."

"We all head over to the old silos and bust Johantahn and his plans." Luke shurgs.

Rachael sighs, "Thanks for dumbing that down Luke."

Luke grins, "No problem. It's what I do best."

"I agree with Luke. Let's just go. We're all ready." I say.

"Alright then. Grab everything and let's go."

The drive to the silos is about an hour drive south. I can tell everyone in the car is nerovous. Rosie's leg is bouncing and Luke's hands are gripping the wheel.

Luke finally turns to me, "Please stay close to me. I don't want you getting hurt."

I sigh, "Not this again. Luke, I am fully capable of handling myself."

"I know you are. But you could be the best fighter and still get hurt."

"You can't keep worrying about me. You're going to get distracted."

"You don't undertand."

"Yes I do. Now, focus on the road. We're almost there. I can see the silos from here."

We pull the car into a seclued area. Rachael's car pulls up behind us and we all get out. We all split into teams.

Luke and I.

Rachael and Ashlyn.

Flynn and Rosie.

We all circle the perimeter, that way we can close in on Johnathan.

The silos are old and tall, blocking out the view to the world outside. There's over a hundred crates that I can see so far. I can also see the many guns laying around and the guns held tightly by men.

I keep my eye out for Johanthan. He always seems to be wearing a suit, so he should be standing out among the dirty rags that the other men are wearing.