Chapter 30

Rowan:

Rachael has been training nonstop since our last assignment. It's not healthy at all. Flynn and Rosie even agree with me. I need to keep Rachael distracted. Which is why I'm going to get her out of the house and get her mind relaxed. Well, I'll have her shower first because honestly, she stinks from all the training she's doing.

"Rachael! Come here!" I shout from the living room. Rachael walks into the room, bringing with her a strong smell of sweaty odor. "On second thought, maybe you should stand like, 20 feet away from me."

Rachael scowls at me, "Shut up. At least I'm staying in shape and working hard, unlike you, who's been a couch potato."

"I have not been a couch potato. I just haven't been training every single second of the day." I retort, crossing my arms.

"You see? You just admitted that you're not even trying to become a better fighter. Keep fighting like you did last assignment and you're bound to fuck everything up." Rachael practically yells, taking a step closer to me.

"Are you serious? What crawled up your—" I stop, interrupted by another voice.

"What the heck is going on?" Rosie exclaims. "I can hear you guys bickering from outside!"

"Rachael's just being a bitch right now." I tell her. I officially sound like a child.

"Wrong! Rowan's being a lazy, undedicated asshole." Rachael glares at me.

"Both of you stop. You both sound childish." Rosie says sternly.

Rosie was the youngest of the triplets, not by much of course, but still the youngest. However, Rosie has always acted more than her age. Much more mature and logical than the rest of us.

I take a deep breath, "Rosie's right. We're being childish. Let's just forget about this and go do something fun, yeah?"

Rachael and Rosie both nod. We all head to our rooms so we can get ready.

Just as I zipper up the back of my sundress, my phone chimes, signaling I got a text. I walk over to my dresser and unlock my phone, wondering who would be texting me right now.

L: Hey princess ;) what's up?

Of course it's Luke. He's been texting me ever since I left L.A. I've texted him a few times, but other than that, I really haven't talked to him. It's like what I said before, I have to put Luke to the side so I can stay more focused. The truth is though, I miss Luke. I don't think I'd ever be able to admit that out loud though.

I mean, we're leaving tomorrow anyways. It won't hurt to text Luke, right?

R: kicking ass rn, hbu

L: the princess finally responds to its servant

R: oh hush. I've been busy

L: u know, schools boring when I can't tease u

R: aww u miss me that much?

L: only for u princess :)

L: im bored. can i call u

R: kinda busy rn

L: too bad

I don't even get a chance to respond before my phone starts ringing, Luke's picture popping up. I sigh, momentarily debating if I should accept the call or not. I accept.

"Luke," I sigh into my phone.

"Woah Princess. Don't get too excited to hear my voice," Luke says sarcastically.