Chapter 15

Rowan:

Waking up, I feel happy and warm. I snuggle deeper into the covers and smile to myself. While I'm getting comfy, I notice something off. I wiggle around, trying to figure out what's different. I turn around and come face to face with a sleeping Luke. I gasp, but feel a sharp pain in my head.

Fuck. I drank way too much. All I remember is going to some party after the football game and dancing. I always tell myself to keep the drinking to a minimum, but that never seems to happen.

Luke's arm tightens around me and he snuggles his head into my neck. Oh geez. I take a deep breath. Wow, this is actually super comfy. Sleeping next to Luke makes me feel all warm and happy.

Woah. Woah. Woah. Did I just admit to saying that Luke makes me happy and warm?

I take my elbow and nudge Luke in his stomach. He grunts but just tightens his arm around my stomach. "Luke." I whisper. I nudge him again, harder this time.

"What." He mumbles.

"Get up." I say sitting up.

Luke sits up slowly, the sheet covering him falling down. His six pack is revealed and I can't deny he looks hot. "You like what you see, Princess?"

"Whatever makes you happy." I stand up from the bed. "God. I drank so much. What the hell happened last night?" I groan.

"You drank too much. That's what happened." Luke taps my shoulder and passes me some Advil and water. "Drink this. You need it."

"Thanks." I throw the Advil into my mouth and chug the water. "We didn't, you know, have sex, right?"

Luke's eye's bulge. "Who do you think I am? God. I would never! How could—."

"You're right. I'm stupid. I'm sorry." I interrupt him.

Luke's quiet for a moment. "Wait. What did you say?"

Sighing, I say, "I said you're right, and that I'm sorry."

"No, no. Didn't you say something about you being stupid?" Luke grins.

"Oh hush." I throw a pillow at him. He laughs and ducks from the pillow. I slip my hair into a messy bun and a pair of joggers. Suddenly, I smell an amazing scent coming from the kitchen. Waffles. My absolute favorite breakfast. "Did you want to stay for breakfast?" I ask, deciding to be a good host.

Luke grins at me. "You really can't stand being away from me, can you Princess?"

"I can un-invite you ya'know?" I retort. That shuts him up.

We walk downstairs and I see a big plate of waffles on the dining room table. Rachael and Rosie aren't here, which I'm assuming their still sleeping.

I grab a chair and a plate and take a seat. I pile on four waffles and add some syrup. I grab some strawberries and pour a glass of orange juice for myself. I don't know why, but orange juice always cures my hangovers.

"Hey. Save some for me." Luke uses his fork and bats my hand away.

"Oh be grateful I'm even sharing with you."

***

Luke leaves shortly after. I take a shower to wash all the after party grime off. While in the shower, I get a text from Bella.

B: wanna come over? so hungover rn

R: lol sure

B: yay. we should totally have a movie day

R: sounds good!

I finish my shower and get dressed. I put on a pair of shorts and tank top and slip on a pair of sandals. I send a text to Rachael and Rosie letting them know I'll be gone.

Kathy greets me at the door and offers me a chocolate chip muffin. I can't so no to that.

Bella's laying on her bed, with the lights off and a pillow over her head. I flick on the lights and she moans.

"Turn it off." She mumbles into her pillow.

"What happened to you?" I ask.

"Drank way too much." Bella lifts her head. "And! I had to sneak back into my house after I slept with some guy. Almost broke my leg from climbing up the side of my house."

"Oh yeah! I saw you with some guy last night. Who was he?"

"I think his name was Kade?"

I laugh at her. "So, just a movie day?"

"Yes. Yes. Yes."

We watch The Vow and Bella grabs us ice cream. Chocolate for her, and cookie dough for me. I just love Channing Tatum and all the movies he's in. Yes, it is a guilty pleasure. When the movie ends, Bella has tears coming out of her eyes and a tissue box next to her. I, however, am not crying. I don't cry often. Or, should I say, ever. I don't even remember the last time I cried. Growing up in a gang and training since I could walk, I was raised to be strong.

I'm about to put the second movie in when Bella stops me. I look at her confused.

"I want to ask you something. We're best friends, we can tell each other anything. You know you can trust me, right?" Bella tells me slowly.

Oh no. She's going to ask me about my family's business. She knows about the gang. But how could she know? Bella's never even been to my house. God. What am I going to do? Can Bella be trusted? I love her and all, but we've only known each other for about a month.

"Yeah. Of course." I tell her, nervous as hell.

"So, I saw something interesting last night. And heard something. I wanted to ask you about it."

Here it comes.

"O-kay." I say slowly.

I have to be prepared. Maybe I can convince Bella that she's being crazy about me being in a gang.

"I heard you went home with Luke after the party. And you guys slept with each other." Bella says fast.

Wait what. She doesn't know I'm part of a gang? Phew. I let out a long breath. Wait! Back up a second. I went home with who? And slept with who?

"What?"

"I said, I heard you went home with Luke last night."

"Where'd you hear that?" I ask incredulously.

"Oh my God! You're not denying it! You really did go home with him! Holy shit!"

"Woah, woah, woah. Slow down. Okay listen, I did go home with Luke last night." Bella's eyes grow big. "But! We didn't sleep together. He just took me home because I was too drunk. And then he just stayed the night."

"I'm seriously freaking out!" Bella practically screams. "You guys are so cute together! I totally ship it. How about, 'Ruke'? Cute ship name?"

"No. There is no ship name, because there is nothing going on between us."

"Aw c'mon. He totally likes you!"

"Like I said before, he likes me as a friend."

"Ooh! The dance is coming up! You guys should totally go together."

"Nope. Not gonna happen. The dance, and the date." I take a bite out of my ice cream.

"What?! You at least need to go to the dance. If you don't go with Luke, then we can go together! It'll be so much fun!"

"Fine. I'll think about it. But can we start the movie now? Please?"

"Okay deal."

***

This is a short chapter/filler chapter

The next one will have more action

If you liked this chapter, PLEASE vote and comment! :)