Chapter 13

Rowan:

I was driving to school today with Rachael and Rosie since I had no soccer today. It's Friday, which means that tonight is the first football game of the year. Next week was homecoming week. Bella is still very persistent on me joining her at the game tonight too, and I know she's not letting me skip this.

"Are you guys going to the game tonight?" I ask.

"Nope."

"Maybe."

The 'no' comes from Rachael, (I know, gasp, shocker) and the 'maybe' obviously comes from Rosie.

"Well, I'm going and I really think you guys should come too. I'm going with Bella and I'd bet she'd want you guys to come too."

I can already see Rosie thinking about going, however, the stubborn girl she is, Rachael looks uninterested. I know convincing Rosie will be like a walk in the park. Rachael on the other hand, well, she's not a walk in the park.

"Think about it Rosie, you're always talking about living the American high school life. Going to football games are literally one of American traditions. Besides, maybe you'll even meet some new people." I tell Rosie.

She grins. "Yeah, you're right. Okay, I'll go. This does sound fun."

Rosie. Check. Now I need to convince Rachael to go. It's not that I desperately need Rachael to go. It's just that ever since we moved to California, Rachael's been a total hermit crab. She wakes up, goes to school, comes home, and then trains or does her homework. If Rachael goes to the game tonight, she might actually decide to not be such a hermit crab anymore.

I have the perfect idea of how to convince Rachael to go. Lately, she's been obsessed with the assignment. I'm all for focusing hard but there is a point to where you need to distract yourself and relax. But I know Rachael won't have that.

"What about you Rachael? You going to go too?" I ask, already knowing her answer.

"No, I don't think so." She looks out the window.

"Well I think you should." I pause. "I heard Kylie's going, right Rose?" I turn my head towards Rosie, who's sitting in the back. I look at her, pleading with my eyes to go along with it.

Rosie looks at me, then slightly nods her head, "Yeah, she is. Being co-president of Student Council, she needs to be at football games for uh, gathering information on stuff."

"Woah, woah, woah. Why didn't you say anything before? This is great. We can spy on her there! We need everyone to be there." Rachael says happily.

"Don't worry Rach. Everyone's already going. But not because of Kylie, but because going to the football games are fun." I look over at her.

"Yeah whatever. I'm going for Kylie, not because it's supposedly fun."

"Well, if you guys are going, the theme is U.S.A out, so wear red, white, and blue, okay? If you don't, you're going to stand out. You want to blend in, right Rachael?"

"Yes. Of course. I'll find something, don't worry about me."

We arrive at school and we all make our way inside. I see a girl with strawberry blond hair wave at Rosie. "Oh, that's my friend. I'll see you guys later!" Rosie shouts walking away.

I see Bella and Asher at my locker and Bella waves to me. I tell Rachael I'll see her at lunch and walk over to my locker.

"There she is. One of the famous Royal triplets! Tell me, are you excited for tonight?" Bella exclaims.