Chapter 46

Rowan:

"You'll wear this wire while you talk with Johnathan. Act how you normally would." Rosie tells Phillip, hooking him up with his ear piece.

Luke nods, "The last thing we need is for you to fuck up this whole plan."

Phillip snarls at Luke, "Shut up kid. Be grateful that I'm even helping you out."

Luke scoffs, "Only because we're holding something over you."

"Stop." I say, shaking my head, "Let's stay focused."

It's finally time to put our plan in action. In one hour, we'll all be making our way to meet up with Johnathan. I've been filled with nerves since I've woken up this morning. There's been so many times that we've come close to catching him, but he's always one step ahead of us.

Rachael is ready for action as well, but I know she's not completely with us. I know that deep down, she's still trying to wrap her head around the fact that Lily could most certainly be alive.

I've taken charge on this assignment for today. Rachael will be with of us of course, but I know she'll be listening for any hint of Lily.

Phillip will be driving in his own car to the café. Before the time of the meet up, we'll have Rosie and Flynn already at the café.

Luke and I will drive in a car following close to Phillip. Obviously we'll stay far enough away so that we won't look too suspicious.

Ashlyn will be acting and dressed as a waitress at the café. We were able to pull some strings and we got Ashlyn to work behind the counter, even being the server to Johnathan and Phillip.

Rachael will be in the van, listening on Phillip's mic. This plan is set in stone. There is no way we can mess this up, hopefully.

"Flynn and Rosie just arrived at the café. We should get going too." Luke states.

I nod, "Let's get this party started."

Luke and I hop into his car. Phillip is driving his own car, but we have a tight leash on him. If he tries to make any wrong turns, we have plenty of back up that will be eager to go on a car chase.

The ride to the café is quiet. I stare out the window, watching the trees fly by. I feel Luke's hand on my thigh, giving me a reassuring squeeze.

The café isn't crowded, which works well for us. There's only a few other people in the café. Phillip walks in first, grabbing a booth and sitting down. Ashlyn walks over and drops off a couple waters.

"Oh! I see him! Johnathan just arrived!" I hit Luke on the shoulder in excitement.

Luke flinches, "I see that babe!"

Shortly after, Luke and I enter the café. I give Rosie and Flynn a subtle nod. Luke and I take a seat in the back corner booth. All of us each have an ear piece so we can listen on the conversation. Rachael's in the van listening in as well.

I wave down a waitress and order a coffee for Luke and I. The ear piece crackles to life.

"Mr. Johnathan. It's good to see you." Phillip speaks.

"What do you want Phillip?" Johnathan grunts, "I got a busy schedule today. Hell, I've got a busy week."

"I need money. Badly. I'll do anything. If you got such a busy schedule, let me help you." Phillip says earnestly.

The line stays quiet for a moment.

Johnathan breaks the silence, "Well, you did do an adequate job at the warehouse." Johnathan sighs, "I guess I could use some extra help. I have a huge drug trade going on this week. You up for the job?"