Chapter 50

Rowan:

It's been two months since we took down Johnathan. It has also been two months since Rosie was put in a coma. For the first few weeks, I visited everyday. After the third week, Rosie had been constantly stable and made no progress.

Rachael has seemed to be lost since the death of Lily. I know it's been two months, and she should be getting over it, but the problem is, is that she hasn't talked about anything. Rachael is one of my triplets, I know her emotions are just eating her up inside.

There's about a month and a half left of school left, and our parents decided it would be smart to keep us in California for the rest of the school year. When I told Luke, he was absolutely elated that I was staying longer.

Luke and I haven't talked much about our relationship after I leave California. I know we should, but talking about it only makes it more real. I want to continue my relationship with Luke, but I don't know how this will work.

I admit, I've been a little distant from Luke, but I can't help it. If we do break up, then it'll be easier to get over him. At least, that's what I tell myself.

I haven't talked to Luke much today. It's third period and I'm making my way toward my history class. I run into Luke on my way and he stops me.

"Hey! There you are. I feel like I haven't seen you at all today." Luke says, kissing my temple.

"I got to school late and I've just been off today." I shrug.

Luke frowns, "Are you okay? We can have a relaxing night tonight—" Luke wraps an arm around my waist, "—We could watch some movies, and order your favorite takeout food." Luke leans close to my ear, "I'll even bring my hoodie over that you seem to love so much."

I give Luke a small smile, "That's so sweet of you." I press a soft kiss to his cheek, "But my family's having dinner out, so I don't think we'll be able to hang out tonight."

"Tomorrow then." Luke  pauses, "Are you okay?"

I nod, "Of course I am! Tomorrow we can hang out. Maybe. We'll see." I lightly pull from his grip, "I should get to class though. Don't want to be late!"

I rush away from a confused Luke, pushing through the thick crowded halls. I take a seat near the back of the class and rest my head on my desk. Why must Luke be so sweet?

"What the hell was that?" I hear a familiar voice demand.

"What do you want Rachael?" I mumble.

"I just saw how you acted towards Luke. You totally blew him off. Family dinner? Mom and Dad won't even be home till 11 tonight. What's up with that?" Rachael questions.

"I just wanted some alone time." I shrug.

"I call bullshit." Rachael states, "Stop pulling this ice queen bullshit and tell me. You know you can tell me anything."

I smirk, "You're one to talk."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Ever since—" I stop myself when I realize we're in public. I lower my voice, "Ever since the last assignment and Lily's death, you haven't been yourself."

"I have my reasons." Rachael shrugs.

"You know you can talk to me too. Don't let your emotions build up inside of you. It's not healthy."

Rachael huffs, "If I talk will you talk?"

I nod, "Agreed."

"You want to ditch? The teacher isn't here yet."