Chapter 31

Rowan:

Landing at LAX, I'm finally relieved to be back on the ground, but this whole Luke subject keeps bothering me. I need to tell Luke how I feel, right? Or should I wait? God, I hate all these feelings. Their confusing as fuck and they keep messing with my mind.

Rachael, Rosie and I all grab our suitcases from the baggage claim and make our way to the black car, where our chauffeur is waiting to take us home.

What's even better about these confusing feelings, and jet lag, is the fact that I have school tomorrow. Yay me!

Rosie nudges my arm, "You're going to tell Luke, right?"

I give her a confused look, pretending to be clueless, "Tell Luke what?"

Rosie rolls her eyes at me, "You know what I mean. Stop avoiding it. What could be the worst that could happen?"

"Lots of bad things could happen. He could laugh at my face. He could reject me. He could end up telling the whole school about how he rejected me. He—"

Rosie puts a hand to my mouth, "Will you stop? For Pete's sake, you fight bad guys all the time, and you kick their asses. Hell, you've even had to kill people before, and we both know that's not easy. Yet, here you are, the badass Rowan Royal unable to even confess her feelings to a boy."

"Pathetic." Rachael mutters under her breath.

I cross my arms over my chest, sliding down into my seat, "Well when you say it like that, I sound like a pussy."

"That's because you are! At least, you're acting like a pussy right now. Feel free to de-pussy yourself." Rachael exclaims.

"De-pussy myself? Is that even a word?"

"That's not the point Rowan."

"Fine. I'll talk to him."

***

Ten minutes later and I'm standing outside of Luke's house. He has a beautiful house that is made of brick and contains lots of well kept flowers scattered around the yard.

I've never actually been to Luke's house. I had to look up his address in my dad's contact book to find it. Turns out, he only lives a few minutes away from me.

I walk up the paved walkway and ring the doorbell. A few minutes later a little boy opens the door. He looks like an exact mini version of Luke.

"Hi there. I'm Rowan. I'm a friend of your brother. Is Luke home by any chance?" I squatted lower to get closer to the boys height.

"Caleb, sweetheart, who's at the door?" A female voice calls from inside the house.

The sound of high heels clacking on the floor get closer to me. The door swings open further and I'm met with a familier woman. Luke's mom. I remember her from the meeting where I first met Luke.

Luke's mom seems to remember me, sort of, "Oh! Hello... Rosie? Rowan? Raquel? I apologize. I can't remember all your names and which one of the triplets you are."

I smile at her, "It's fine Mrs. Carter. It happens all the time. Is Luke home by any chance?"

"He's in his room. He's been cranky more than usual, so good luck with him." Mrs. Carter sighs.

I make my way through the house and up the stairs. I don't know which room is his, but the music blasting from a closed door gives me a hint.

I lightly knock on the door, but he doesn't open it. I knock a little louder, but the door remains shut. Great, what am I going to do now?