Chapter 5

After more classes I meet up with Herc again. We walk to my dorm. We enter open the door. I hear soft chords being played on a ukuele. I go to the open bedroom door and Maria is sitting on her bed with sheets of music surrounding her, sofly plucking out a peaceful tune. I clear my throat. She jumps and turns around.

"Oh my gosh Alex you nearly gave me a heart attack!" She yells. Herc comes in the door after me. "Who's your friend?"

"HURCULES MULLIGAN I NEED NO INTRODUCTION WHEN YOU KNOCK ME DOWN I GET THE F-" I Shove him, cutting him off. "But you can just call me Herc." He holds out his hand. Maria takes it and shakes firmly.

I wondered when I'd be seeing you, Mr. Mulligan." She says. My eyes light up. It takes Herc a few seconds to reconize that quote.

"Have you read them?" I ask.

"Are you kidding me?" She gestures over to all seven books on her bedside table.

"Good, so would it be ok if all of my friends come over?" I ask.

"Yeah! I'd like to meet them." She says.

"Okay great!" Text the group.

Smallangryhamman: hangout at my place?

Andpegglet: yassssssss

Jesuislafritelaplusfrançaise: oui

Bestofwomen: yay!!

Womeninthesequal: If there is alcohol im not coming

Hercmuscleman: sadly there is no beer

"Okay they'll be here between a few second and five minutes." Almost immediately someone kicks the door open. 

"YASSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!" Peggy screams, earning us a few pounds on the wall from those who live in the dorms next to us. Peggy walks in with the reas of the crew following her. We walk into the living room. Laf walks over and stands next to Herc. I notice Herc blushing, but Laf doesn't. Maria is the last one out of the room. 

"Everyone, this is Maria Lewis, she is my roommate." I say, introducing Maria.

"Roommate?" Eliza asks. Maria and I make eye contact. She gives me a little nod as to say that I can tell them.

"She's trans and her parents refused to let her stay in the girls dorms." Peggy steps forward.

"Hi! Im Margarita Schylur but you can call me Peggy, and if you call me Margarita I will smite you." Peggy smiles. Maria gives a small wave. The rest of the crew introduces themselves. Then Herc suggestes we watch a movie. Everyone piles on the couch. Eliza is as close to me as she can get, Laf is leaning on Herc, Angi is in the middle, Maria and Peggy are in the floor next to each other. I go to Netflix and we argue over what to watch before deciding on a movie about a dystopian world where the population is heavily regulated.

Throughout the movie Maria and Peggy are constantly whispering and giggling to each other. Laf wraped his arm around Herc halfway through, Angi falls asleep, and Eliza eventually got her head in my lap. By the end of the movie Herc is blubbering like a baby and Laf is petting his head. When it ends those of us who are awake talk about it and theorize. Eventually the majority of us are asleep so I give up on getting them out of here. I sigh and try to fall asleep as well.