Chapter 2

Amelia

I groaned in protest, as all my muscles felt so tense, and they were hurting like hell. Remembering what happened the other night, I quickly open my eyes from my sleep ,which was a big mistake.

My vision, starts to become blurry, and tears formed when I remembered what happened last night. I should be used to this, the abusing, torturing and him using me like I am a rag doll, but I am not. Every time he touches, it hurts mentally and physically, but what it's even worse, is when he lets his guards do whatever they want with me.

I hear footsteps outside of my room, and fear starts to travel up all throughout my body. I hear the footsteps coming closer to the door, and I hold my breath, since I know who it is.

Once the footsteps stops just outside of my room, the door clicks open, and I quickly shut my eyes pretending to be asleep.

Once the door clicks closed, he comes into the room, I hold my breath, as he comes closer to the room scared that he might be mad, and will take his anger out on me.

When his close to my bed, I feel him sit beside me, completely unaware that I am awake. He starts to stroke my cheeks softly and I try so hard not to flinch.

"I know you're awake Amelia", Edgar says.

I suddenly become scared after he says that, his voice sounded way too soft for my liking.

I blinked my eyes open, and look at him through my lashes, afraid that he'll catch me looking.

He continues to stroke my cheek softly, I want to move away from his touch and hide myself where he can't see me or catch me, but I know better than to do that.

"You're so beautiful, you know that?", he questions.

I just lay there looking ahead, not giving him the satisfaction of looking at him.

"Look at these pretty bruises, they look magnificent", he chuckles.

I swallow the lump that's forming in my throat, suddenly feeling the urge to throw up.

"Aren't you going to thank me?", he questions.

I keep my mouth shut, still looking straight ahead. He suddenly grabs my chin, making me look at him and flinch when my eyes make contact with his dark ones.

"Well, aren't you a little stubborn thing", he chuckles darkly.

"Get ready, we're going to leave in twenty minutes", he says before standing up and smirking down evilly at me.

I start to shake my head, knowing what he has planned for me today won't be good like any other day.

His eyes narrowed into slits, as he sees me shaking my head at him. Suddenly he smirks and bends down, so we're eye to eye.

"Are you defying me again, Amelia?", he questions.

"N-no", I finally say, but end up stuttering. I don't want to be afraid anymore, I want to feel free again, but it's hard to do that when he's constantly tormenting me.

I really want to give up on life, but I believe there is something greater than what I have now and I know that I don't deserve what I have now. So I hold on to that little hope, and wake up everyday even though my body doesn't agree with me, it just wants to give up.