Chapter 52

Sebastian

It's been five torturous months and still no sign of her waking up. Everyday, I watch her peaceful self sleep and tears would leak out of my eyes. I would beg her to wake up but her eyes would still be closed and her chest would rise up and down. I still couldn't believe she had a baby in her stomach but when I saw that little bump, everything just felt too real.

Her pale face was getting back its beautiful color and she would sometimes lift her finger up just a little and every time she did that, my hope would rise by the minute only to come crashing down, as she didn't open her eyes once. The doctors told us she would need time to come back but I didn't know how long I could wait until I would burst.

I've been sitting on this chair for five months just watching her and waiting for her to open her eyes. Sophia would come in once and a while to check up on us and her expression would break when she looked at Amelia's form. She and Lilly would force food down my throat saying I needed energy if I wanted to see her wake up.

Eli just saw her once and it broke him so bad that it caused him to pass out. After that he never came in and told me how sorry he was, he just couldn't bear the pain of seeing her on the hospital bed. I understood him because my heart cracked every second of everyday as I endured the pain of her laying on this bed.

"Hey there little one", I placed my hands on her bump.

For the first time in five months, I felt a little kick and I froze waiting to hear it again. After a moment or two, the baby moved a little and settled down. Instantly, my face lit up and I stroked her stomach softly already falling in love with the baby. Leaning over the bed, I placed a kiss on her bump.

"Tell your mother to wake up soon", I murmured and looked down at her stomach.

"Amelia, please wake up, it's been five months and I am dying here Mi Amore", My voice came out as a whisper.

When she made no move, I sighed and sat on the chair again. My eyes felt heavy and I tried to blink the sleepiness away, but it just brought the black dots again. Settling my head on the edge of the bed, I closed my eyes and soon felt the sleep take over my body completely.
————————————————————————

Amelia

Complete darkness was what I was afraid of when I was little. I just didn't know why, but when the lights went off, it scared me to no end and I would always hug my mother tightly to conquer that fear. She would always whisper comforting words to me as she rubbed my back. Sometimes she would lull me to sleep while singing me a song. But now I have nothing to hold as I felt darkness swallowing me whole.

It felt like a cycle was going on, no matter where I walked I would always end up in the same place. I would hear distant voices all talking at once but they all would stop at once no matter how much I cried out for them to help me. There was no light, only darkness and I tried to call for Sebastian but he never came.

I wanted all of this to end but I had no idea how to do it. I tried to open my eyes countless of times but it felt like heavy bricks were sitting on them. My body and mind felt tired of fighting whatever this was and I wanted to give up, closing my eyes I focused on only one thing, but then something was pushing my chest and I heard distant shouts.

Now all I could see was white as it settled onto my eyes, I tried to cover it but it blinded me to no end. I took a deep breath as I saw a shadow in front of me. Opening my mouth, I tried to say something but I couldn't. Giving up, my shoulders hunched together and I looked away from the shadow.

"It's time to wake up", The shadow whispered and when I looked back it was gone.

My eye brows furrowed as I stared at nothing. I didn't know what the shadow meant so I walked back towards where I previously stood. I felt the air become tense and I gasped for air but it was no use I could feel myself slowly becoming numb to everything.

"Ah", A yelp came from my lips as I opened my eyes in shock.

Baby blues stared into my own ones. He's eyes were wide open as they swept all over my face. His arms were on either side of my head supporting most of my weight, the doctor and nurses were standing all around him with relief across their faces.

"W-what happened?", My eyes flickered over to his blue ones.

Body tensing, he looked away from me and his jaw ticked as if he was angry. His hands began to stroke my own and he took a deep breath before glancing back to me. His mouth opened and closed many times but not once did he utter a single word.

"You were shot", The doctor answered for him.

Panic crawled inside me and my widened eyes flew to my stomach. Tears made their way into my eyes as I stared at the baby bump I had. My hands came up to clutch it in my hands. My baby was okay, he or she was alive and breathing.

Hands gently placed themselves on top of mine and I stared up at Sebastian's eyes as they shone with tears. His hands gripped mine and he leaned in placing a kiss on my forehead. Resting his forehead against mine, he looked into my eyes.

"Thank you for coming back to me".

—————————————————————————

Please vote and comment 💕💕.