Chapter 39

Amelia

People say when you fall in love it is the best feeling in the world but I never knew it could come with fear of losing them in the blink of an eye. My fear took over me as I saw Edgar's face once again on that poster. Sebastian had a hold of me that no one had ever before. I was afraid of losing him just because life liked to mess with me.

It slowly began with my own thoughts, until I couldn't control it anymore. The anxiety I've felt was nothing else like before. It felt like millions of needles were poking me everywhere leaving me to bleed while no one heard my screams of agony crying for help. When I marched down the hallway, I had no idea where I was going, but when I stopped at his office door and knocked on it, I knew my purpose was to see Sebastian.

Before I came here and met him, my plan was just to escape Edgar. It didn't include falling in love, but when I saw Sebastian, it was like my whole world tilted. It seemed fate had a funny way of getting people together because love wasn't in the mafia world's definition. For women, they were just born to pleasure men and take what they gave. But Sebastian changed my perspective as I got to know him.

Unlike Edgar, he respected women and protected them as if his lives depended on it. Although he seemed cold hearted and detached most of the time, he was a man who kept his promises. Maybe that's why many women adored him and wanted to be with him.

When he opened his office door, he seemed shocked to see me there, and when I sobbed into his chest, he whispered sweet nothings into my ear until I calmed down. After that, he laid me on the bed and I was scared of falling asleep alone, so I asked him to lay down with me. When he did, I was shocked but also glad. As soon as his arms curved around me protectively, sleep took over me.

I was in the room once I woke up. The office was clean just as usual and I felt out of place in this large room. Standing up, I looked around me and saw a little paper attached to the desk. Walking towards it, I lifted it up, it was a beautiful heart shaped paper. A smile tugged it's way onto my lips as I read what it said on the front.

To my beautiful angel.

Striding towards the door, I got out and closed it softly behind me, it felt like no one was upstairs since it was eerily quite. Walking down the stairs, I was surprised to see most of the guards gone and the maids talking and laughing amongst themselves. Sophia waved me over and I made my way to her.

"What's going on?", I looked around me once more.

"Oh, Sebastian and few of the guards left to tend to some business", She shrugged carelessly.

Nodding my head, I turned towards the fridge and took out leftover cake from yesterday. It seemed good enough to eat, plus I was hungry. Getting out a fork, I took a bite out of it and my eyes closed instinctively enjoying its taste. When my eyes opened, Sophia was grinning at me.

"What?", I wiped my lips with a napkin.

"You look flushed", she commented, taking in my appearance.

Confused, my eyebrows raised at her reply, she just rolled her eyes playfully but a coy smile was playing on her lips. I wanted to say something, but decided against it and just took another bite of the cake. Its been twelve hours since I've eaten something and my stomach was grumbling for more.

Once I finished the cake, I rubbed my stomach and let out a content sigh. Sophia let out a chuckle at my antics and got back to her work of cleaning. Turning towards her, I picked up the dishes and began to wash them. The maids continued to talk animatedly and the guards watched us with amusement written across their faces.

Turning off the water, I wiped my hands on a towel and leaned on the counter top looking around. People here looked happy instead of miserable. They seemed content with their lives and that put a smile on my face. All my life I've believed that people who live in the mafia didn't get to be happy but now it seemed all of what I thought were a lie.

A set of footsteps turned my attention towards the door and immediately warmth began to envelope as Sebastian entered. His face gave nothing away, instead his jaw was clenched but once his eyes fell upon me, they softened just a little, giving me a tingling feeling.

By now the maids were bowing their heads and their voices weren't heard anymore. Instead they all began to work quietly and guards began to patrol around the house. I glanced towards Sebastian who somehow now stood in front of me.

"Hi", His hands cupped my face.

"Hi", I whispered back, taking a deep breath as his intoxicating scent took over me.

A throat was cleared breaking us out of our little bubble. Sebastian closed his eyes for a moment and turned around. Hunter and Damon stood at the door tapping their foot impatiently. As Sebastian glared at them, they straightened their posture and bowed their heads.

Sebastian took my head in his and pulled me out of the kitchen. We made it to the front door of the mansion and my heart leaped in my throat at what I saw. Half of the Russian men were here and their eyes widened when they settled on me. They were the same just as I remembered. Glancing towards my left, I saw the man who helped me escape.

His lips were pressed into a thin line and his eyes showed shock as he looked over at me. My throat closed up as I saw the few men who raped me before. My whole world stopped and soon fear settled over me as I saw a smirk tug it's way onto their lips.

—————————————————————————

Oh woow, I didn't expect that chapter ending tho.

Please vote and comment💕💕.