Chapter 28

Amelia

Side by side, we both walked in through the kitchen and saw the maids working and the guards coming in one by one. Sebastian strides towards the dining table while I made my way to Sophia. She gave me a smile when I reached her and we both got to work. While I made the batter for the pancakes, she helped her mom put the icing on the cake.

"So, what did you guys talk about after I left?", she leaned towards me and whispered in my ear.

"Nothing", I answered a little too quickly.

Saying nothing, she got back to work and I wondered if I gave away anything that happened upstairs. After a moment or two, I shrugged it off and went to get the utensils. Strolling towards the dining table, I set the utensils down one by one and stood next to the other maids.

Lilly walked in with a tray of food, passed them down to the guards and disappeared to the kitchen to get the rest of the food. A minute later, she once again appeared with the tray and passed them down. Glancing towards where Sebastian is seated, I saw him already looking at me with a smirk.

Someone nudges my shoulder and startles me. Out of the corner of my eyes, I see Sophia studying me. Turning towards her, I give her a questioning look and she shakes her head looking in front of her.

"You're blushing", Sophia exclaims a little too loudly.

Everyone, whipped their heads towards us and I kept my head down not knowing what to do. Finally lifting my head up, my eyes found Sebastian's and he seemed to be studying my expression as well with a satisfying smirk. Gulping down the lump in my throat, my eyes wandered to Sophia and she seemed to be in shock.

"Can you keep your voice down?", my voice came out in a harsh whisper.

Immediately, she looked towards everyone and chuckled nervously, biting her lip she mouthed a "sorry" to me and returned back to her position, while I smiled slightly at her behavior. No matter what she did, she knew I couldn't stay mad at her, being mad wasn't in my nature.

The guards continued with their eating and chatted amongst themselves, while we, the maids stood quietly to the side and tend to the guards if they needed help. The two seats were missing beside Sebastian and I knew who they were for, Hunter and Damon.

It seemed, as though everyone was used to them being missing once in awhile, but sometimes they would eat in a hurry and tend to their business but other times, they would sit and finish whenever they wanted to.

"See, I told you they would start without us", a voice came through the door.

Heads turned towards the entrance and there stood two bulky men each of them with a smirk on their face. The guards chuckled at what Hunter exclaimed as the two men made their way to the dining table. Once they were seated, they immediately dug in, eating their food.

"Did you finish the task?", Sebastian questioned both of them.

"Yes, they just need you to sign the contract", Damon said as he ate his food.

Nodding at the both of them, Sebastian stood up, rounded the table and made his way towards me. My breathing hitched as he stood tall in front of me, his minty breath fanning over my face.

"Follow me", he instructed walking out of the room.

Keeping my head down, I followed him out of the room, we walked silently as we made our way up the stairs. Once we stood in front of his office door, he opened and gestured for me to walk in. Rocking back and forth on my heel, I stood in his office as the door closed and his footsteps were heard as he walked closer.

Snaking his arms around my waist, he rested his head on my shoulder and inhaled deeply. My face turned a deep crimson not getting used to the gesture. Even though he touched me most of the time, my body reacted to it instantly but my face seemed to turn deep red whenever his hands made contact with my body.

"You smell nice", his breath made me shudder.

A squeal left my lips, as I was suddenly turned around without any warning. His lips crashed down on mine and I stood still shocked. Shaking my head mentally, my lips moved with his. Tongues clashed against each other, as he dominated over me. A moan escaped through me as he detached his lips and attacked my neck.

I love you.

Suddenly my feelings became clear, over the month I've been here, Sebastian was my only solace, he chased my nightmares away and made me feel safe. Without him, I wouldn't survive on this earth. Over this past month, my feelings grew towards him, when he wasn't near me, I longed for him, and when he was next to me I wanted his arms around me.

I love you

I wanted to say those three words, but I was afraid of how he would react. I knew it was too early to say those words. Maybe I was just a plaything to him, maybe he would stop caring about me near the future and these thoughts made my heart clench painfully. It made my hands tremble and my throat to close up. Swallowing thickly, I looked up towards him.

"I have to leave soon", he whispered.

But he made no move, as he stood still with his arms around me pulling me to him. Warm scent enveloped me and I inhaled deeply and nuzzled my head to his chest. Maybe I was being selfish, but I just wanted to enjoy this moment because he could be gone in the blink of an eye.

Life made it clear that it was painful, it didn't want me to be happy and if I did get too happy it would throw in its thorns and scratch me with it till I bled. So I made sure, I wasn't too happy, if people wanted to get closer to me I would push them away, but with Sebastian it didn't seem like I could do that.

"I have to get going", Sebastian's voice broke me out of my thoughts.

Nodding my head, I made a move to open the door, but a hand shot out and yanked me back. Lips crashed down on mine and before I could respond he pulled away quickly with a smirk.

"I'll see you when I come back", he said and opened the door for me.

Still dazed, I walked out, closed the door behind me and leaned on it. My hands touched my tingling lips and a grin stretched on it. Making my way down the stairs, I made my way to the kitchen to help the maids.

———————————————————————————
Please vote and comment.