Chapter 17

Amelia

The door opened once Sebastian called out to them to come in. Hunter peeked his head out through the door and looked at the both of us with a smirk. Looking down, my interest became towards the ground and I couldn't stop the blush that came up to my cheeks. Hunter quietly walked in and plopped down on one of the chairs.

"What do you want, Hunt?", Sebastian's voice broke me out of my reverie.

"We need to discuss something about the Russians", he explained and I felt my whole body shook with fear as he said that.

No this couldn't be happening, it felt like I was living in a nightmare again, the memories I tried to forget over the past three weeks came crashing back down on me, beating, abusing, tormenting and raping. The Italians couldn't have nothing to do with the Russians because they didn't talk to each other or knew each other, but as Hunter said those words I knew that there was more to it then what meets the eye.

"We'll discuss it later", Sebastian snapped.

"We have to discuss it now", Hunter's voice sounded agitated.

"Ok fine, just come back here in thirty minutes", he left no room to argue.

Hunter sighed and I heard the chair scraping against the floor before the door opened and he walked out without saying anything.

An uncomfortable silence passed by us and I knew what was coming next, the questions I wasn't ready to answer. Maybe if I kept my mouth shut he wouldn't ask for more. I wasn't ready to talk about what happened, I already told Sebastian enough as it is. I just wanted to forget everything about my past and wanted to create different good instead of bad memories. Is that so hard to ask for?

The sound of footsteps approaching broke me out of my thoughts and I tensed up knowing who was coming. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Sebastian making his way over to me with a determined look on his face. My eyes subconsciously looked towards him.

"Are you okay?", He asked softly as he crouched down in front of me.

I didn't realize I was crying, until he wiped my cheeks softly with his thumbs. Nodding, my gaze went back towards the ground and I bit my lip to stop the sob that was threatening to make its way onto my lips.

"Hey, hey shhh, it's ok", he cradled my head to his chest.

The sob I've been holding in, finally broke out of my mouth and Sebastian began to rock us back and forth gently. He didn't question what was happening, instead he was holding me in his arms as if I would disappear if he ever let go for just a second. Tears continued to stream down my face, as I fisted Sebastian's shirt tightly in my hands.

The sobs soon turned into hiccups as I began to calm down, slowly lifting my face up, I looked at the man who was holding me tightly in his hands to see him already looking at me with a soft expression in his eyes. My gaze lowered to the ground ashamed that I broke down in front of him.

Putting two fingers under my chin, he lifted my head so I was staring into his eyes, he gazed at me with such intensity that made my head spin. I tried to look anywhere but him, it was impossible when his blue eyes was staring at my soul getting all the answers he wanted.

"Don't, cry Amelia", he whispered.

Through my hazy eyes, I stared at him as he stood up, walked over to his desk and filled a cup of water. Making his way towards me, he crouched down and held the water for me. Gingerly I took the water from him and took a sip. My throat suddenly felt full and I drank all the water in one sip.

Licking my lips, I turned my attention back to him and immediately turned crimson red as blush covered my cheeks as he was watching me with that same intensity look he was giving me earlier. Dropping my eyes to the floor, I exhale and gather the courage to look into those beautiful blue eyes again.

"No one will hurt you anymore", he says with a promise edged onto his voice.

Closing my eyes, I let myself bask in his scent and it instantly calms me down. Taking a deep breath I suddenly feel exhausted from all the crying and I feel myself becoming hazy for sleep.

"You tired?", he asks softly.

Nodding my head, I subconsciously lean more into him, taking in his muscular body, he should frighten me, scare me like the devil. But instead of that I feel such a feeling I can't even describe or name it. During my stay he showed me there was nothing to be afraid here, he showed me different kinds of good people and most of all he made me feel again.

Before the devil, I was full of life who enjoyed being free, I would walk around barefoot through the sand and imagine my life differently. I would imagine myself reaching my dreams and getting away from the mafia world. But they were just useless hopes that came crumbling down my feet and I watched it slowly slip away out of reach.

I squeak when a pair of arms lift me up into the air like I weigh nothing. Looking at Sebastian wide eyed, I take in his features as he chuckles at my startled reaction. His teasing eyes settles back on mine and they flicker with amusement as I lift my arms and wound them around his neck afraid he might drop me.

"Where are we going?", I mumble tiredly.

"I am taking you to your room Mi Amore", he says gently.

Walking to the door, he balances me with one hand while opening the door with the other. The door closes with a soft click and he begins to make his way to my room which is at the end of the corner. Standing in front of my door, he hesitates and looks at it with uncertainty and I look at him questioningly. Shaking his head a little, he opens the door and walks in closing the door behind him.

"You can put me down", I whisper.

"Not a chance", he grumbles and makes his way towards my bed.

Laying me down, he tucks the hair that has fallen over my face behind my ear. My eyes starts to droop close but I force them to stay open as I look at Sebastian who's already looking at me. Sighing, he slowly stands up and starts to take several steps backwards, but before he has the chance to walk out my arm shoots out on its own accord and grips his own.

"Please, can you stay?", I ask meekly.

——————————-————————————————
Please vote and comment.