Chapter 10

Amelia

It felt like I was sitting on a cloud and looking down at the amazing view in front of me. It was really beautiful, with street lights illuminating the darkness, with people laughing and enjoying themselves. I looked at them with a smile on my face as they began to dance around to the music that was blaring through the speakers.

Before I could go down towards them, they disappeared like the wind and everything became dark. Now I wasn't sitting on a cloud, instead I was standing in the middle of an old looking pathway.

I looked around me trying to make sense of the place, but nothing came to mind. Suddenly I heard a baby's wail, I looked around me trying to find the source of the voice and from a distance I could see a baby laying wrapped around a blanket.

I slowly walked towards the baby, when I was close enough, bright hazel eyes stared at me. Shocked I took a step back, i-it couldn't be. Cautiously I peeked at him and saw him still looking at me.

Tears started to stream down my face, as I picked him up in my arms and began to rock him gently. He continued to stare at me with soft hazel eyes and smiled softly.

Suddenly he was snatched out of my arms and I looked up shocked. I was rendered speechless as Edgar smirked at me with an evil glint in his eyes while carrying the baby.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I tried to get the baby back, but to no vail he just held him tightly in his arms.

"N-no, please give me my baby back", I pleaded him.

"I am going to kill him", he hissed and began to walk away.

I ran after him and blocked his way. I looked down to his arms that was holding my baby and my heart broke as he cried.

"P-please don't, his my baby, give him back to me", I cried.

"His not your baby, nor is he mine, you just gave birth to him that's all", he growled, throwing me aside, he walked away from my crying from.

"No, please please Edgar, don't do this", I pleaded after him but he paid no heed to my pleads and disappeared from my view.

I laid there, with fresh tears streaming down my face and I cried out for god to save my baby from that monster, but my cries were unheard as I heard a gunshot go off from afar.

"NO", I shouted.

"Sh-sh, it's okay", someone was gently rocking me back and forth.

Confused I looked at my surroundings and saw that I was in my room, while sitting on the bed. I looked up at the person who was comforting me.

Sophia was rocking me gently back and forth, while moving her hands up and down my shoulders comfortingly. Looking at me, she gave me a soft smile and reassured I was okay.

"W-what happened?", I asked her, my voice hoarse.

"I think you had a nightmare and I heard you screaming, so I barged into the room to see if everything was okay", she explained.

"Oh", I sighed and went to stand up.

I instantly flinched when I tried to get up, but my muscles protested not making me move an inch.

"Here let me help", Sophia offered and came beside me to take my hand, helping me to my feet, we both walked towards the bathroom.

"You want me to go in and help you?", she asked me looking concerned.

"No it's okay, I'll handle it from here", I managed to give her a weak smile.

She nodded her head and walked towards the door. As she got out, she closed the door before giving me a smile. I opened the bathroom door, got in and stripped out of my clothes.

The warm water cascaded around me, cocooning me in its warmth. I started to think about the nightmare that I had. I knew what that dream meant and it was heartbreaking to see, it felt too real to think it was just a nightmare.

Maybe because it was real, what I had wasn't just a dream, it was a reality that I promised to bury it inside my heart. But how can I when I lost my own baby to the devil? Not only did he take away my baby, he took away my only light and happiness.

A year ago, I got pregnant with the devil's baby, but I didn't see him as a devil. I saw him as my own baby that I would love unconditionally. I promised myself that he wouldn't grow up like the devil. Instead he would care for girls and protect them when they need it.

I saw him as my only light in the darkness. But that came crumbling down when I gave birth, I did hold him in my arms and the first time, I looked at him I fell in love instantly. He was so tiny, his tiny hand was gripping my arms tightly, as if he knew the devil would take him away.

The devil did take him away though, no matter how much I pleaded and begged. He wouldn't listen to my cries, instead he made me watch as he killed my own baby.

Tears started to stream down my cheeks, as I remembered that day clearly. That memory will forever be etched onto my brain. Edgar was a true devil, he killed his own baby without blinking. He was vicious and cruel.

My sobs could be heard in the bathroom, I couldn't raise my baby, I couldn't tell him I love him, and worst of all he didn't feel his mother's love.

Every single night, I would have nightmares about Edgar killing my baby and every time I would cry and beg him to leave my baby alone. But he wouldn't hear me, he would just smirk at me and throw me on the side.

Sniffing, I got out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel. I made my way towards the door, getting out, I softly closed the door and went to the closet.

I rummaged through the clothes, until I found what I was looking for. It was an old picture of my baby sleeping peacefully before the devil took him away. I brought it with me before I escaped the devil.

I smiled sadly at the picture and fresh tears made their way onto my cheeks once again. I truly deeply miss him everyday. Even though I only saw him for not even a day, but he was my son.

"I am so sorry, my baby", I whisper.

I hear the door knock, quickly putting the picture away, I wipe my tears away from my cheeks and put on a fake smile. I make my way to the door, opening it, I stare shocked at who it is.

Sebastian is standing there with a smirk on his face, once he sees me his expression changes and he frowns at me.

"Were you crying?", he asks me.

"N-no", I stutter out, clearly lying.

He narrows his eyes at and takes a step towards me but I take a step back. He glares me and continues his actions, while I continue mine, that is until my back hits the wall.

——————————————————————-————

Please vote and comment.