Chapter 30

Hunter at the top

Amelia

"Honey, can you help me with this?", Lilly called over to me.

"Of course", I answered back and walked over to her.

Smiling, she gestured towards the soup that she was stirring and I took the spatula from her hands as she wiped her hands on her apron, and sauntered over to bake the chocolate chip cookies. Mixing, the ingredients together, I watched in awe as they made a circular motion.

"Hello people!", Sophia exclaimed, as she made her way towards me.

"What are you making?", she asked me as she peeked over my shoulder.

"Soup", I answered back.

Nodding her head, she turned towards her mother, "Mom do you need any help?".

Waving her hand in dismissal, she got back to work, Sophia shrugged her shoulders and went to collect the utensils for dinner. Laying out the forks and spoons one by one, she cursed under her breath when one of them slipped from her hand and bent down to pick it up.

"The men will be here soon, we have to hurry up", Lilly instructed.

The other maids nodded their heads and went to set the table, as Sophia picked up the utensils and rinsed them. Making her way out of the kitchen, she placed them on the dining table and made her way back over to me.

"My stomach hurts", she whined.

Chuckling at her behavior, I turned off the stove and turned towards her, my eyebrows furrowed in concern as I watched her face twist in pain.

"Are you okay?", I asked her, touching her forehead to check if she had any fever.

"Yeah, I am just on my period", she clutched her stomach again.

"You should go rest, I'll tell Lilly you're not feeling well", I suggested.

"No I'll be okay", she leaned over the countertop.

"Sophia", my voice came out stern.

"Okay, okay, fine", she made her way of out of the kitchen.

Sighing, I went back to my work and my mind wandered off to Sebastian. It's been four hours since they've been gone and I couldn't shake off the thoughts that were running through my head. I wondered whether they made the deal or not. I feared he would find out about Edgar, but then again he didn't know who he was engaged to.

"Honey, where is Sophia?", Lilly made her way over to me.

"Oh she got sick, so I sent her to her room", I replied.

Before she could speak, voices were heard in the living room and we both walked towards it, to see Sebastian and the rest of the guards talking and chuckling amongst themselves.

"Did you get the deal?", Lilly asks excitedly.

"You know us", Hunter answers simply, winking at her.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I force a smile on my face. If they made the deal, that means I'll probably see him once again. My skin burns painfully and I keep the tears in, not allowing them to spill. I have to make sure he won't see me if he comes here to talk to Sebastian.

My throat closes up, as I lift my head up and see Sebastian's concerned face. I can't let him see how weak I am at the moment, so I turn away from him and make my way to the kitchen. Gripping the countertop, I take a few deep breaths and try to calm my raging heart.

A sob breaks out of me, as I sink to the floor not able to carry my own weight. No matter how many times I try to swallow, I can't seem to stop as my anxiety kicks in. It feels like hands are gripping my neck not letting me breath. My ears ring and I try so hard to hear anything but to no vain, it closes up.

"Please, please make this stop, I just want peace", I finally manage to whisper.

"Honey, can you-", Someone stops in the middle of saying something and I feel their eyes on me.

"Honey, are you okay?", I feel a hand on me and I flinch back, my throat closing up once again.

"I just want this pain to stop", I sob uncontrollably.

Someone lays my head on their chest, and whispers somethings to calm me down, but it only makes it worse, nothing is okay, nothing will be fine ever again. These scars I have, they will forever remind me of the shameful things I went through.

"Sebastian", the person yells and I hear a set of footsteps making their way over to us.

"Hey, hey you're okay", I recognize his voice instantly and it calms me down a little.

He replaced the other person who was holding me, with his, taking a deep breath, I laid my head on his chest willingly and his scent took over my mind, making me calm.

"Sebastian", My voice came out hoarse. 

"Here, drink this", he hands me a glass of water.

Taking a large gulp, I put the glass on the floor and look towards Sebastian, who gazed at me with concern etched on his face. His hands strokes my cheeks softly, while wiping my tears away.

My eyes close instantly as he leans a little closer. Soft warm lips, kisses my cheeks, making their way over to my closed eyelids. His lips linger there for a few seconds before they make their way over to my jaw.

"Come on, let's get you up", He murmurs, gripping my arms and helping me to stand on my feet.

My knees buckle, but before I could fall, Sebastian grips my waist and legs carrying me bridal style. I lay my head on his chest and close my eyes once again, inhaling his intoxicating scent.

I feel us move for a few minutes and when I open my eyes, Sebastian is opening his door. Making his way over to the bed, he lays me down gently and pulls the duvet over my sleepy form. Kissing my forehead, he smiles at me and whispers for me to go to sleep.

"Sleep, Mi Amore, I'll be here when you wake up", Is the last thing I hear, before my eyes close and sleep takes over me.

———————————————————————————
Hey guys, so here is chapter 30 and woow 7K reads and 234 votes? You guys are awesome, thank you so much for this, if you enjoyed this chapter please leave a comment and a vote. Thank you so much once again, I love you guys so much ❤️❤️.