Chapter 15

Sebastian

After what Amelia told me, I couldn't even rest for a second, so standing up I strode towards the door and got out. Taking a deep breath, my muscles started to relax as I began to take in the familiar surroundings of the mansion. Although it was big enough to fit a bunch of people, it had a homey feel to it, something that I haven't felt in a long time. After my father left his work for me to do, our whole family fell apart, my mother thought I couldn't handle the mafia world and she was against my father, but he didn't have it so after having a huge fight over it, they never were the same again.

So Lilly took over the mother role, looking after me, nurturing me and seeing me grow into the man I am today. She was the mother I never had, although my parents madly loved each other but they never took the time to acknowledge me, to them I was just a son that they needed to watch over until it was the right time to take over the mafia. My mother did really loved me or so she told me, but she never once took care of me like Lilly has.

I didn't know why she freaked out when my father announced that I would be taking over, but when he did, she saw red. She demanded my father to change his mind saying that I shouldn't be tainted, but I already was. Convincing my mother wasn't an easy job, but after a month of prying she finally gave in and I was suddenly the leader of the mafia.

Heels clacking on the floor was what brought me out of my reverie, turning to my left, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I see Sophia making her way towards me, eyes blazing with anger, she looks me straight in the eyes as she walks. Tilting my head slightly, my eyes widen as I see Amelia hot on her heels walking with fast strides.

Before I even have the chance to react, a fist collides against my face. It doesn't hurt that much, but it stings. Looking down, I glare at Sophia who levels my stare with her own. Bunching her hands into fists she stands in front of me fuming.

"What the hell was that for?", I demand, my voice booming with anger.

"That's what you get for messing with my best friend", she hisses at me.

Besides us, Amelia's eyes widen and her once pale face now turns deep crimson as she bites her lip from making any sounds. This reminds me of the other night when I fucked her with my fingers where her face turned deep crimson as she bit her lip. Immediately my cock hardens in my pants and I stiffen. Taking a deep breath, I try to think of other stuff to calm down.

"You told her?", I question Amelia while turning my attention towards her.

Shaking her head frantically, she mumbles "She found out by herself".

Turning my attention back at Sophia, I say "What I do is my business, so stay out of it".

"Well, you can't mess with Amelia", she snaps.

Running out of patience, I push her aside gently and start to walk downstairs, paying no heed to what she's saying. Taking a deep breath, I begin to walk down the stairs while checking my phone. Hearing footsteps behind me, I turn slightly to see Amelia trailing while keeping her eyes on me firmly.

Stopping in my tracks, I turn my attention to her fully. Taking the stairs one at a time cautiously, she stops in front of me. I stare her down and she flinches when she feels the anger radiating off of me.

"What do you want?", I snap at her.

"C-can we talk?", she asks.

"Meet me in my office in an hour", I say and leave without looking back.

I know what I did was a douche move, but I had to calm down before I did something I regretted.

I wasn't messing with Amelia as Sophia nicely put it. I just couldn't point out how I felt towards her. Whenever she was around me, I'd lose focus and completely become dazed. She's been through a lot but she doesn't let that control her, instead she tries to smile to hide her pain.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I head to the kitchen to see maids cleaning around. Once they see me, they fix their attire and tries to appear more cheerful. I control the urge to snap at them because I know that they just want to fuck with me, they think I would pay attention to them if they push up their boobs in front of my face but that just proves to me how slutty they are.

Most of the time, I have the urge to just fire every single one of them, but I promised my father before that I wouldn't do that and try to act civil with them. I have no idea why he made me promise that, but I guess he just wanted to maintain his good image.

"What can I get you sir?", one of the maid asks while rushing towards me.

"Nothing", I snap at her and take a deep breath to calm down.

"Leave", I demand the maids and they quickly scurry off without any questions.

Once alone, I look around the kitchen to see it was spotless, everything seemed to be in order at least the maids were good at what they were doing. Striding towards the refrigerator, I pull out a water and gulp all of it down. Refreshed, I sigh and toss the bottle in the trash can.

Walking out of the kitchen, I inspect my bodyguards patrolling around the area with stoic expressions. They were hired to keep the place protected at all times, before they were hired though they had take an oath saying they would die to protect the people here. I trust them with everything I have, but if one of them betrays that trust, they won't live.

Turning my attention away from them, I walk up the stairs towards my office. Closing the door, I pace towards my desk and sit in my seat. Going through the files the secretary sent me, I read throughly and sign them off one by one.

Someone knocking the door caused my head to snap towards the source of the voice. I heard footsteps shuffle back and fourth and I smirked internally as I immediately knew who it was.

———————————————————————————

Please vote and comment.