Chapter 37

Amelia

Even though he looked young, I could still make out it was Edgar. His features still looked the same, with his dark eyes, and sharp face structure, but what seemed really different is that he looked happy in the poster. But what really captured my attention was the girl who was standing next to him, her arms around his waist smiling widely.

Realizing it was Sophia, my eyes went to her immediately and saw her expression change when she looked at the poster. She seemed lost in thought with a sad look on her face. Clearing her throat, she turned towards me and smiled slightly.

"He was my best friend", she began.

"When we were young, we both were so close, we would always played together, make fun of each other, but in the end we loved each other like siblings, but something caused him to change when his mother passed away and he left for Russia. I haven't seen him ever since then". Her eyes strayed over to the poster again.

Her confession startled me, I didn't think someone evil as Edgar could have a best friend. But maybe he was completely different before I met him. But he was still an evil man in my eyes, who loved to abuse women and laugh at their weakness.

A part of me wanted to tell her, it wanted to tell her about Edgar and his torturous ways, of how he loved to see me weak and with tears in my eyes as I begged him to stop abusing me. But it knew if I did, she would probably feel sorry for me and hate him. I didn't want that, I wanted her to think he was a good man because it was better that way.

If she knew how he turned out, she would probably despise him and try to tell Sebastian of who my fiancé is. It was still too early for him to know who is constantly haunting me. So with that thought in mind I decided to keep my mouth shut.

"He seems like a good guy", I mumbled out forcefully.

"He was", she returned to her laptop.

My eyes found the poster again and I flinched as they made contact with his. It still seemed like he was watching me even though it was just a poster. I felt my throat go dry and I took a deep breath to calm my nerves down.

"I'll be back", Without waiting for her response I left the room.

Closing the door softly behind me, I rested my head on it. Suddenly feeling grateful for the door keeping me up. My knees buckled and I slid down to the floor. Everything I've been through came back to me in a flash and I winced at every memory. No one deserved what I've been through and I hoped to god that Edgar hasn't found any woman to torture.

For four years I've been trying to think of an escape from my father's world but when I got engaged that plan turned into ashes until I grew a back bone and ran away from him and my father. If it wasn't for the guard who came when I needed him, maybe by now I would've been dead.

If he didn't show me the way, I wouldn't be here, instead I would still be captured in my dungeon with shackles around my arms and legs. A few month ago, I wished for death constantly but now I wanted to live my life fully with Sebastian by my side.

My feelings, came for him unexpectedly but I wouldn't have it any other way. Maybe this was fate's way of telling us we were meant to be together and if someone asked me to choose, I would choose Sebastian in a heartbeat because he was someone who had my heart in the palm of his hands.

Time passed and I slowly stood up from the ground as I felt my heart return to its original beat. Sighing deeply I shook the memories of out my head and opened Sophia's room. I was surprised to see her sleeping peacefully on the bed and I closed the door gently trying not to wake her up.

Going to Sebastian's room, I opened the closet and rummaged through my clothes until my hands felt the soft paper tickle my fingers. Smiling, I looked at the picture and tears fell from my eyes. I believed my baby was watching me from above, I hoped he understood that his mother couldn't save him and that she loved him dearly.

Hugging the picture close to my chest, my eyes closed as a small smile appeared on my lips. I knew I couldn't hold on to the past because that would simply destroy me. I couldn't save my baby, so I promised myself I couldn't have another one.

"I will always love you, my baby", I gazed at the picture.

The truth is, I really wanted to have another baby, but I was scared he or she would be taken away from me in the blink of an eye. I wanted to see the baby grow up with full of love and gaze into his or her eyes as he or she slept peacefully. But this time, I wanted the baby to be Sebastian's.

Maybe this was too early to say this, but I wanted a future with him, where we would trust and love each other unconditionally. I wanted nothing more than to wake up to his face and his beautiful smile.

Before I met him, I was just a girl waiting for death to embrace me into its warm embrace and take me away, but now I wanted to live and be with Sebastian. I wanted to create beautiful memories, where we could just be ourselves and no one else.

Perhaps those days would come in the future and I couldn't wait for those days where we could just spend the day with each other. But I feared it wouldn't be possible because life always found a way to mess with me.

——————————————————————————
Damnnn Sophia and Edgar best friends? Didn't see that coming.
Please vote and comment 💕💕.