Chapter 44

Appreciating that hotness at the top.

Amelia

Emptiness is the worst feeling a person has to go through. You feel as if your soul isn't in your body and you feel like you're floating in the air. You open your mouth to speak but nothing comes out, except for just a puff of air. I thought my past was in the past, but as the saying goes expect the unexpected.

I should have known my past was going to catch up to me, one way or another. My world stilled as I heard those agonizing three words, my world crashed to the floor, breaking into pieces before my eyes. Panic settled it's way deep in my heart and no matter how hard I tried to will myself to calm down, the fear wouldn't go away.

The ground beneath me rattled, shaking up my insides, stomach churning, I stared ahead helplessly not knowing what to do. Hunter's eyes seemed panicked as they stared at Sebastian. I couldn't find the power in me to look at the person who was beside me. If I did, I knew I would break under his gaze.

Arms grasped my shoulders and they tensed even more as I felt his heat seep it's way into my body. He tucked a fallen piece of hair behind my ear, as my eyes gazed deeply into his. Every emotion was showed in his baby blues. But most of all, his eyes held dread as he stared down at me.

"Amelia, you'll go upstairs, go to our room and don't come out of there, until I tell you too", He frantically spoke out.

"Hunter, you go with her, and take the secret route", He turned his head to Hunter.

Nodding my head, my mouth wouldn't let me utter a word, so I just gave up. Hunter jogged up to me and before we could move away, I looked behind me and my eyes found his baby blues. I love you. I conveyed those three words through my eyes and hoped he understood me.

—————————————————————————

Sebastian

Never in my life have I felt panic until now. As I watched her walk away from me, weight settled it's way into my chest making it hard for me to breath. Earlier, I saw panic written on her beautiful face as Hunter said those three words. I prayed to god that Edgar wouldn't find her and that those pathetic guards didn't tell him Amelia was here.

Taking a deep breath, I sauntered out of the hallway to meet that fucking loser. I acted nonchalantly as possible, giving nothing away as my face turned stoic. But my heart was beating erratically in my chest and my breathing was ragged. No matter what, I would protect my queen even if it meant I would die in the end.

My mind kept replaying what she spoke with her eyes. Those three words still made my world fill with fucking rainbows and it made me fucking happy. My shoulders relaxed as those three words kept replaying like a beautiful record. I wanted to whisper those sweet words to her as she closed her eyes and succumbed into me, while I protected her from the world. Soon those days would come.

Pulling the door open, I stepped out of the mansion and a scowl found its place on my lips as I stared at the bastard's back. He seemed to be talking on the phone in hushed whispers and his shoulders were slumped defeatedly. Clearing my throat, I stepped further and now stood in front of him.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of, seeing you here", Sarcasm laced my words.

He froze and for a moment, he seemed to be deep in thought. Slowly turning back towards me, his eyes widened and his mouth popped open. A grin popped onto my lips as I stared at his expression, he almost seemed as if he was afraid of me. Yeah be afraid mother fucker, soon you'll be begging to let me kill you.

Masking his face, he chuckled out humorously, the sound made me clench my fists tightly and it took everything in me to not bash his face in. I wanted to beat him to a pulp right here as he cowered away in fear. I swallowed all the words my lips wanted to utter his way.

"Well, a little birdie told me you had something of mine", His words made my stomach churn immensely.

"And what might that be?", I raised my eyebrows questioningly.

"A girl who belongs to me", He took a step towards me.

"I have many girls", A chuckle left my lips, as he snarled at me.

"Don't act dumb Sebastian, you know what I am talking about", His eyes shrined with so much anger I am surprised he didn't burst.

"See that's where you're wrong, I don't know what you're talking about", I shrugged my shoulders.

Lunging forward, his fists tried to hit me, but before it made contact, I grabbed it tightly and twisted it, while a scream left his lips. My lips curled up in disgust as the man attempted to push me off of him. Every control I had was now gone and I wanted to snap his neck with my bare hands.

"Don't test me, little boy", My harsh voice rang in the air.

Dropping his hand, I stood up to my full height and took an intimidating step towards him. A smirk tugged up my lips as his expression showed horror. His hand that tried to hit me was now bruised and twisted to an odd angle.

"Learn how to fight, before you make a move", My tongue made a tsk noise at him, making his anger rise further.

The devil in me enjoyed him getting angry, he enjoyed his prey cower in fear while he stood tall in front of him. His mind drifted off to his beautiful angel and he promised her he would give her the world if it meant killing everyone in the process.

"You should leave", A voice said behind me.

My eyes strayed to the voice and Eli was walking up to us with an unreadable expression while his stare was on Edgar. Once he stood next to me, his lips curled up and he bent down, whispering something into Edgar's ear.

Standing up to his full height, his intimidating tone made Edgar cower away in fear, "For years I have watched you torture her as she cried for help, I have watched you rape her many times as you enjoyed her screaming, but now I'll be damned if I let anything happen to my only sister".

—————————————————————————

Please vote and comment 💕💕.