Chapter 48

That's it, me is officially melting, look at those eyesss 😍😍😍.

Amelia

Wandering down the kitchen, I suddenly became aware of how quite it was. Looking around, the maids were scattered everywhere doing their work without talking, some had their headphones plugged in and some were humming a tune softly to themselves. Sophia was standing near the stove, stirring something inside a pot.

"Hey", I strolled up to her side.

"Hi", Her cheerful aura brought a smile upon my face.

It's been three weeks since I've seen Sebastian and I've been going out of my mind not knowing what do to. We talk everyday on the phone, but it doesn't feel the same. He left for a business and wouldn't be back until next week. I miss him so much and everyday, I would feel like something was missing inside of me. Sometimes he would tell me jokes to make me feel better and we would talk about random things.

"So, when are they coming back?", Sophia stopped stirring and raised an eyebrow in question.

"Next week", I sighed and leaned on the counter.

"How's Eli doing?", She turned off the stove and washed her hands.

"He's doing good", I mumbled and scratched my neck.

It still made me flustered that Eli was my brother and that I had a brother at all. Growing up, I thought I was an only child and accepted that. But when Eli came into my life, everything changed. These three weeks, he's shown how much he cared for me. He would apologize profusely for what I've been through and would comfort me whenever I had nightmares.

Honestly, I was glad I had a brother I could go to whenever I needed. He would tell me stories of how when we were little, he would always watch from afar and protect me from my father. He wanted to tell me the truth many times, but whenever he came close to me, Edgar would always get in the way and warn him to stay away.

"You look a little pale, you okay?", Sophia, touched my forehead checking my temperature.

I didn't even know if I was okay, I've been throwing up a lot and my energy would quickly be drained from it. I couldn't sleep that much no matter how much I tried and my back hurt like hell whenever I sat down. Sebastian didn't know these things, if he did he would freak out and come back from his business instantly.

"I don't know", I groaned, and dropped my head on her shoulder.

"I've been throwing up a lot", I admitted.

Her whole body froze and I pulled away from her in confusion, her eyes were widened, excitement and fear written in them, making me raise my eyebrows at her behavior. Her head turned towards me, and a huge grin took over her face while I frowned. She glanced at the maids and her eyes once again settled on me.

"Did your period come this month?", She crossed her arms over her chest.

I shook my head, it was supposed to come two weeks ago, but I shrugged it off and assumed it was maybe late. I always had irregular periods since I first got it. My mother would always tell me not to worry, since our body would get used to it over time.

Her squeal brought my eyes back to her and she jumped up and down in enthusiasm. Tugging at my hand, she pulled me towards the door and up the stairs. Confusion rolled through me in waves at her such behavior. Stopping at the front of her door, she stared at me, her eyes twinkling with something so foreign to me.

Pushing her door open, she walked into her room with me in tow. Letting go of my hand, she walked off into her bathroom. My eyes landed on Edgar's picture and the room suddenly became small making my breath uneven. His eyes still had an angry glint in them, as if he wanted to kill me with just his eyes.

A shudder of fear ran through me, and I sat on her bed not able to carry my own weight. My eyes strayed away from his and finally I was able to breath properly. Sophia appeared a few minutes later with three boxes in her hands. My jaw slacked as I read the words on them.

Anxiety, was the first thing I felt as my wide eyes looked at the Sophia. My whole world crumbled under me, and every fiber of my being shook with dread. No this couldn't be real, I couldn't be pregnant, but the obvious signs I have made it seem like it was real.

"Here, go do these tests", She handed me the boxes.

"I-I can't be pregnant", My heartbeat palpitated.

"Hey, everything is going to be okay", She crouched down in front of me.

Nodding my head, I took a deep breath and stood up from the bed. As I made my way to the bathroom, my anxiety grew, my head spun and my eyes blurred with tears. If I am pregnant, what if Sebastian didn't want the baby? Swallowing the lump in my throat, I turned on the lights and stared at the boxes in my hands.

Flushing the toilet, I waited for five minutes, panic eating away my every thought. The tests were laying on the counter top each of them holding my fate. Striding up to the counter, my hands came to hold the three tests and a gasp fell from my lips as a tear fell from my eyes. 

—————————————————————————
Didn't expect that chapter ending tho.

Please vote and comment 💕💕.