Chapter 25

Amelia

Sunlight streamed through the windows, making me squirm from my sleep. Blinking my eyes open, I looked around my unfamiliar surroundings, and the fear started to kick in. It felt like hours before I realized, it was Sebastian's room and I force myself to relax. I turned around to find beside me empty. It was no surprise to me, as the past week I've been sleeping in this room, Sebastian would wake up early and tend to his office.

This past week has been amazing if I am being honest, the fear I have keeps diminishing little by little, but I am still aware of the possibility of him finding me. I thought it would be weird if I slept with Sebastian, but it almost feels normal, when he holds me, it feels like I belong in there forever, he makes me feel things that are so foreign to me. I am afraid if I let myself feel something more for him, then he would be gone in the blink of an eye.

My stuff was brought up here the minute Sebastian ordered his men. I didn't have much stuff so it was easy as they took only an hour, but the only thing I am thankful for is, they didn't see the picture I hid. If they did see it, then many questions would arise from Sebastian and I wasn't ready to answer them yet and I don't think I'll ever be ready.

Sliding off the bed, I stand up to my feet and head for the bathroom. Opening the door, I hesitate a moment, before shaking the bad thoughts that are swarming in my head and close the door behind me. Walking towards the mirror, I gasp as I see my reflection. This girl, staring back at me, she looks different. Vibrant is the word to describe her. The scars I've had are barely visible and my eyes are shining with happiness as they stare right at me.

For once in my life, I am not ashamed of who I am. Instead, I let out a small barely there smile and giggle to myself giddily. This, this girl was who I am supposed to be, but life had other plans. It tortured me, it broke me, but I am going to fight with everything in me to find my own happiness.

I strip out of my clothes and stride towards the shower. Once the temperature is warm enough, I let it caress my body and sigh as I feel myself relax under the warm water. I don't want to let myself be too happy because if I do, it will be swept away before I can blink. He will make sure of that.

Wrapping the towel around myself, I walk out of the bathroom and towards the closet. Getting out my clothes, I look towards the door to make sure it's shut properly before dropping the towel and putting the clothes on quickly. Heading for the door, I get out of the room and close the door shut. Looking towards the room, I slept in. I make sure no one is insight before pulling the door open and getting in.

I don't hesitate, as I quickly head for the closet and pull out the picture. Hugging it close to my chest, I let myself succumb into oblivion as I imagine what life would be like if my baby was still alive and here with me. I only saw him for a second before he took him away from me, but I knew no doubt that I would cherish my baby no matter what, I would give him the love I never got and wouldn't let the devil hurt him.

But he didn't live for long, he died while I watched him helplessly. Pleading to the gods above to wake up from the nightmare. As I heard the gunshot, my whole life came tumbling towards the ground as I cried and plead for him to be alive. From then on, I let myself get abused, tortured and raped without feeling anything, I became numb and it was my fault that my baby isn't here with me.

My eyes blurred, as the tears slowly made there way to my eyes. This time I didn't hold back, instead I let them fall as I looked at the picture through blurry eyes. Before Edgar took him away from me, he printed out a picture of my baby. I was happy because I thought he would change but devils don't change instead they only grow more evil.

He didn't even blink as he murdered our baby, instead he watched with smirk as the color drained from his face and his tiny little fingers fell at his sides limply. That memory still haunts me. It feels like I will never be whole again because there would be a constant reminder of what I went through.

"Amelia, is that you?", I tensed as I heard a voice behind me.

Wiping the tears, I put a small smile on my face and turned around. My smile only widened as I saw Sophia walking towards me with a smile of her own. But that smile quickly turned into a frown as she looked deeply at me probably trying to think why I've been crying.

"Hey, Sophia", I murmur, clearing my throat.

"You okay?", she asks, giving me a concerned look.

"Yeah", I force a smile.

Sighing, she sits down on the floor and pats the seat next to her. Not giving any thoughts, I plop down and she looks at me like she's trying to figure me out. The picture is hiding behind my back, I don't want her knowing my whole story, she might look at me differently if I tell her, or she might hate me.

"Tell me what's wrong, Amelia", she demands.

"Nothing is wrong", I assure her.

"Don't give me that bullshit, clearly something is wrong if it caused you to cry", outbursting, she narrows her eyes at me.

Eyes focusing on my hands that are bind behind my back, she furrows her eyebrows and before I can register what's happening, she snatches the photo behind my back. It feels like my throat is closing up and I try to breath in through my nose, but it doesn't work. Sophia begins to look at the photo carefully as her eyes slid between me and the paper.

"Amelia, is he yours?", she whispers softly.
———————————————————————————
Please vote and comment.