Chapter 24

Sophia

Humming quietly, I made my way into the kitchen and immediately saw my mom baking cookies, as she sang a song softly to herself. Leaning myself against the doorframe, I admired the way she moved gracefully in the kitchen. Her long graying blonde hair, is situated on the top of her head in a tight bun and her caramel brown eyes starts to dart between the cake and the cookies as she softly nods her head at something.

Tiptoeing fully into the kitchen, I try not to make any noise as I situate myself behind her. She's oblivious to what's going on around her, as she begins put icing on the cake. This is what I love mostly about my mom, in the kitchen she's an expert and knows what she's doing. She gets so lost in her own little world whenever she cooks or bakes.

"Hey mom", I say startling her a little.

Swiveling around to face me, she begins to scold about my manners and not to scare people. Nodding my head absentmindedly, I tune her out and focus my gaze on the top of her head and stifle my laugh as she gets red in the face.

"Are you even listening to me?", she chastised.

"Yes", I squeak out, but when she glared at me I mutter a "No".

Glaring at me, she resumed her work and made a shoo motion with her hands at me. Chuckling I walked around the countertop, opened the fridge and pulled out a water. Opening the lid, I took a gulp and turned towards my mom.

"Where is Amelia?", I asked her.

"She's in Sebastian's room", was her answer.

Eyebrows furrowing, I asked "Why would she be in his room?".

Waving her hands, she explained "I have no idea why that boy suddenly wanted her to stay in his room, but seeing his bipolar behavior when he's around her, I'd say he's starting to grow feelings for her".

I snorted, "Mom, you know that man is a walking robot with no feelings".

"Sophia", she scolded.

"You know it's true", I retorted back.

Making a shoo motion with her hands again, she kicked me out of the kitchen and I sighed as I had no choice but to follow her orders, interrupting my mom while she's in the kitchen is a nightmare, you do not want to face, if you do then good luck to your poor heart.

Wandering around the mansion, I watched as the guards stood outside looking for any disruptions. This was a normal routine for them, this is what they signed up for when they first met Sebastian. These men were loyal to no end, following their leader's commands and giving all they've got to this job. This is what they loved doing ever since they entered the Italian mafia.

I didn't have to go through an initiation because I was born in this life, just like Sebastian, Hunter and him who must not be named. My dad was Luca's most trusted man and he was loyal to him. They were inseparable ever since they were born. I've heard stories about them, of how they were troublemakers and playboys of the town. But once Luca became the leader and the boss, they drastically changed their behavior. When dad met mom, he was instantly swooned by her. She was the light to his candle, or so my mom told me.

After only two months of knowing each other, they got married against everyone's disagreements. A few months later they had me, we were all a happy family until a storm struck and that family crumbled to ashes. My dad died from protecting their leader. He took a bullet through his heart just to save Luca. He was and still is my hero and I love him to no end.

Sometimes, it feels like he's watching over me, and smiling at me from afar. I just wish I could see him one more time so I could hug him and be his daughter again. After he died, my mom became a woman I've never knew, she took it the hardest, she didn't eat for a while, didn't speak to anyone and I was so afraid I was going to lose her too. But after a year of convincing, I finally cracked her shell and she came out strong as ever.

"Hey Sophia", someone ruffled my hair.

Knowing who it is, I rolled my eyes and turned to glare at Hunter. Standing almost six three feet tall, he looked down at me like how a brother usually looks at his little sister. Hunter and I are really close, I see him as my big brother but he annoys me to no end and I just can't choose whether to hate him or to love him. Girls fall at his feet, and sometimes they yell "take me, take me right here daddy". He loves all the attention he gets and sometimes rubs at the guys' faces just to get on their nerves.

To be honest, Hunter is an attractive man, with his soft brown eyes, and devilished brown hair. But he has the personality of a buffoon. He loves to make dirty jokes almost every second and his mind is really dirty minded, but if a serious situation arises, the joker is gone and in his place is a man who is serious as ever.

"What do you want Hunter?", I grumbled while trying to tame my hair.

Before he could answer, someone's warm breathing on my neck interrupted us. I knew who it was just by his sweet smell invading my senses and I tried so hard not to shudder as the ghost of his lips touched my neck. Stepping away, I cleared my throat and willed my heartbeat calm down, but with him being in the same room as me, it just sped up more.

"I love you", he whispered against my ear.

Trying to keep the moan at bay, I bit my lip and swallowed as he trailed his hands all over my body. Maybe it was too early for us to fall in love, hell if we gave a damn. If you fall in love nothing else matters, and you just live in the moment and get lost in each other. That's exactly what we were doing. Maybe I'll get heartbroken in the end but it will be worth it.

I was stupid enough to trust the lies he fed me, he didn't love me, he was just using me for my body. Everyone warned me about him but I didn't pay attention because I was a naive girl back then. In the end, that's exactly what he did, he broke my heart, he left me when I needed him the most, now he wants me back, but to hell if I ever forgive him. He can burn in Hell for all I care.

But I knew, underneath the lies I feed myself everyday, he was the only one who could fix the heart he broke.

———-————————-——————————-————
Well, we got a little insight of Sophia's life. Now what do you think of how he broke her heart? Do you think she'll forgive him eventually?

Please vote and comment.