02

That year I lost my best friend. I lost Jessica.

Turns out my decision to leave her alone would have had to be done either way as she no longer wanted anything to do with me.

She became Namjoon's FIRST official girlfriend.

And with such title came responsibility.

She became Jane's rival. Winning by simply paying Jane no mind as she had constant rants, everyone knowing it was simply jealousy.

I, on the other hand, became invisible.

Without Jessica I pretty much had no reason to come to school BUT learn.

So I ignored everyone. Learned to observe instead of constantly attacking people with really good comebacks.

I learned to just listen.

Even when people constantly teased and tried me, I held back those comebacks which always seemed to be ready.

I sometimes surprised myself.

Quick comebacks are my talent. Too bad I can't bring myself to use them

A friendship heartbreak is described to be worse than a romantic heartbreak by many.

And it is true.

I just completely stopped being myself. Knowing it was no longer worth as being myself only ended up chasing her away and becoming the most popular girl in school.

I truly did hold her back.

And that went on for two years.

And I got used to not responding to mean allegations being thrown at me.

Especially Namjoon's.

He was Jessica's boyfriend now. So the thought of him knowing things I only told Jessica made me bite my tongue and accept his remarks.

And even though staying quite made them multiply and become worse, I still chose to keep my mouth shut.

My brother was the worse. Constantly trying to revive my inner beast, but nothing worked.

He's still worried to this day but he gave up on me as well.

Nothing truly bothered me.

Until the end of that second year without Jessica by my side.

Until what is now our third year of college.

Until word went around that Jessica suddenly left the school. And Jane was Namjoon's new girlfriend.

I wanted to go up to him and grab him my the balls and ask him what the hell did he do.

But what right did I have?

It was no longer my right.

No longer my best friend.

And I told myself that as an excuse.

But it was actually because I was no longer who I used to be.

I lost myself trying to become someone I'm not.