16

Hoseok had been walking back and forth before you had decided to text him to ask about Namjoon. And now that he knew that Namjoon knew he had been hiding Jessica, he went back to walking back and forth.

He did not want it to be like this. He wanted to sit Namjoon and Jessica down when she was ready and have them talk it out, come up with a conclusion. And maybe even make up. He did not want Namjoon to find out suddenly and not even know why he had been hiding Jessica.

All Hoseok does is hang around kids who had been adopted. So he somehow felt for Jessica. He wanted her to have time for herself to recover from the news and find a way to tell Namjoon.

He couldn't begin to imagine how angry Namjoon was.

The doorbell rang.

Hoseok sighed. He knew this moment was coming.

He made his way to the main entrance and opened the door for Namjoon. He had a defeated look in his eyes. Anger bubbling beneath.

"Why?" Namjoon mumbled, finally looking up. "Just tell me why. Tell me you had a good reason to hide her from me!"

Hoseok just stared at him, not knowing what to say. "I did... But it's not my place to tell you why." He said.

The Namjoon punched him.

"I've known you since we were kids!" He yelled out. "You know me! You. Know. Me." He grabbed his collar aggresively and pulled him close. Namjoon had to take hard breaths so he wouldn't have to do everything he wanted to do to hurt Hoseok. The same way he had been hurt by him.

"You know how her dissapearing affected me. And she was here the whole time?!"

"I'm sorry Joon." Hoseok accepted the violence, knowing perfectly well he was wrong to do what he did.

But that didn't make him a bad person.

"She needed space to figure out what to do."

"Why Hoseok?! JUST TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED DAMN IT!" He proceeded to shake Hoseok angrily, trying to get some answers out of him.

"You will know soon Joon. Please. I never once did this to hurt you." Hoseok spoke softly despite of the level Joon's hurt voice was at.

Joon remained quite. As if he was scared to keep talking. "Did you sleep with her ?" He asked. He didn't want it to matter but it did.

It mattered to him.

"What? No. I just gave her a bed to sleep on." Hoseok said. "I swear on our friendship." He stated solemnly.

And Namjoon let go. Almost relieved.

"I needed to physically hurt you so I wouldn't have to be mad at you for long." He mumbled, immediately feeling bad for the forming bruise on Hoseok's eye.

Hoseok chuckled. "It's okay. I'd do the same."

There was a moment of silence.

"Come in Joon. I'll explain what I can." Joon agreed.

*****

Hoseok whistled as he managed to put all his grocery bags on one arm and dig the car keys out of his pocket with his now free hand. He proceeded to push the button to unlock his car.

Once he was finished placing all of his groceries in the car, he slammed the door shut.

His eyes flashed towards the street as he walked towards the driver side, only to see a familiar girl sitting on the side walk.