33

~ Chapter was inspired by the photo above, so I want to thank the editor of this amazing photo ~

"Jimin."

Officer Swan stated once again. She tapped her pen impatiently against the paperwork in front of her as she waited for Jimin to respond. But he had left the room long ago, his mind traveling to all the times he had been blind to what was in front of him all along. To all the times the cries for help were evident, but still went unnoticed by him. All the times he could have saved Taehyung, but didn't.

"Jimin!" The officer raised her voice a little louder. The effectiveness in that was barely noticeable as Jimin simply turned his head, not even startled by the sudden volume change.

"Yes?" He asked once he was sure he could trust his own voice.

"I know this might be hard... But I need you to explain to me how this whole thing happened. I also need you to be very detailed."

Jimin's whole body shivered, he didn't want those images flashing back into his mind, but sadly, they did.

"I dropped him home." Jimin stated, looking blankly at the desk.

"Dropped who home? I told you Jimin, I need details."

Jimin let out a shaky breath.

"I dropped Taehyung off. Before he got off the car, we shared one of the best kisses I've ever experienced. He was consoling me because I wanted to go look for my sister, but it was best that I didn't. So I was frustrated. He kissed me. Right in front of his house. In front of...."

The officer placed her lips in a thin line, she could see the effects this event had on Jimin as he fell apart right in front of her.

"In front of who?"

"His father."

Jimin closed his eyes. He pictured Taehyung's father watching as they pulled back from each other. He didn't have any particular look, he was just... staring. He stared with dull eyes and a frozen figure. Jimin recalls feeling Taehyung tense up beside him.

"And then what Jimin?"

He shook his head in response.

"No."

The officer sighed, she watched yet another tear slip from his eye. She couldn't help but be glad that he was no longer having a mental breakdown, he was simply letting a few justified tears slip.

"Jimin, you have to tell me. I cannot make this right if I don't know what happened."

His lip quivered every time he opened his mouth, as if his body was denying him the right to say the wrong he did.

"I-I..." he breathed in. "I asked him if he wanted me to stay. To talk to his dad. A-and he told me it was fine. He told me to leave. That he'll talk to him alone. God, I should have stayed." With every word, Jimin's voice became more desperate. Desperate to wake up from this nightmare.

Desperate to turn back time. So maybe, he could have prevented him from needing saving.

"But you came back. Why?" The officer leaned into the desk. She was desperately trying to get what she needed out of Jimin. What she needed to make sure that man never saw another free day for a very long time.

Jimin looked up, as if he had suddenly realized where he was and what he was doing. His eyes wide and wondering. "He forgot his phone in my car." He stated, looking down once again. "But by the time I came back... it was too late."

"How do you know that?" She tilted her head, she knew she was close.

"There was...." Jimin shut his eyes. The memories becoming too much for him. He was living it all over. "There was screaming a-and yelling. As soon as I heard Taehyung in pain I just barged in. And..." Jimin exhaled a shake breath, his breathing was becoming as uneven as earlier. "And his father was beating him. W-with a bat!" Jimin exhaled, the anger creeping up within him once again.