29

It was a hard inhale, shaky exhale, pain-filled chest, and a tear-filled face. Jimin slid down the wall of the long and isolated hospital hallway. He chocked out a sob, bringing his fist up to bang against his own chest, in hopes that causing it physical pain would cease it hurting from the inside.

"Dad..." He breathed out. "Dad, no..."

His father was gone. He was gone at the peak of Jimin's entrance onto teenage years. He was gone and Jimin had no one to turn to.

A mother in denial.

A sister who had yet to understand death.

He was all alone in this.

****

"Take two!" Taehyung slammed his hands together to mimic a clapboard. It was their second try at a date. They had come to the conclusion that in order to truly understand how they both felt, they needed to experience themselves as a couple. And despite having made a mutual agreement of no sorrow upon the event of this attempt not going far, neither of them wanted it to end anyway.

Jimin chuckled, he took a chair out for Taehyung, who gladly sat down, before making his way to his own seat.

"My sister will never stop giving me heart attacks." Jimin sighed.

"Eh... It makes hanging out with you so much more entertaining." Taehyung shrugged, smirking at the inevitable reaction he's about to receive as he sipped on his water.

Jimin huffed and glared. "Are you saying I'm not entertaining?"

"You could be." Tae winked, causing Jimin to choke on air in response, that's when the waiter stepped in to take their order.

****

Jimin stared down at his father's grave. He read the words describing his father, but they didn't hold much meaning to him. He felt as if his father was taken away from him before it was time. Hence why well thought out words would never make up for his loss.

"Hey! what are you doing here alone?" A young voice brought Jimin out of his consuming thoughts. He looked up to see a younger boy, his face was chubby and confused.

Jimin ignored the boy and looked back down.

"I'm Taehyung!" The boy exclaimed, extending his hand out for a handshake.

"Leave." Jimin spoke coldly. He didn't ask for much, he just wanted to be alone with his father.

"But my daddy said to never leave people who are sad to fend for themselves. I don't know what 'fend' means but I do know I don't want to leave you alone."

Jimin scoffed. "Are you my cousin or something? I've never seen you before." He stated, growing suspicious of the background of this very young and abnormally cute little boy.

"No... My dad is the pastor who did the prayer for your dad." Taehyung's voice grew sulky, he felt like he was getting accused of something.

A slight 'oh...' left Jimin's mouth. He eyed the boy before walking away.

"Where are you going?!" Tae immediately ran after him to catch up.