19

Jin of BTS Answer Epiphany inspired

15 YEARS AGO

"What?! Another one? Adopting one was enough. There isn't space for more!"

Eric, better known as Dr. Kim, only chuckled.

"Now Jin, we both know we have space." Yoongi only looked down. The whole ride here it was just too good to believe that someone had finally decided to adopt him, so he couldn't help but trust that they would send him back to the orphanage soon. Because even if the house was way too big not to have space, he believed the family itself didn't have space.

They don't want you. You actually thought you would live a happy rich life now? Pathetic.

He let one single tear slip down.

"And he's a crybaby? Jungkook is already a needy baby, we can't have a crybaby too."

Remember when Jin said he told himself all those humble things about how he promised to raise his adopted little brothers as kin and make sure they grew up to be fine young men that looked up to him?

Lies.

Jin was always against having siblings. Especially adopted siblings. Too young to know what that really meant, he only knew they weren't actually made from his mother and father. He had no idea that most of them had not family because either they were either not wanted, they were abducted,  or their parents died.

Yoongi was quick to wipe his tear. But he knew it was too late.

"Oh Yoongi, sweetie.m, don't cry. He doesn't mean those things. He's just being very immature right now." The passive aggressiveness in his mother's tone sent chills down Jin's spine. But he ignored them as he only rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Kim Seokjin, room, NOW." Eric spoke up. He was clearly disappointed in his child's reaction.  "I'll meet you there."

Jin only looked down as he walked away, mentally preparing himself for the lecture he was about to receive.

Yoongi sniffed . "If there's no room for me, in your hearts, then I can just go back. I don't want to bother another family."

The Kim couple only shared a saddened look, the words of a 9 year old  somehow pulling strings in their hearts. Amelia, known as Dr. Kim as well, lowered herself and leveled with a very sad Yoongi. "If we didn't have space in our heart to have you, then you wouldn't be here."

Yoongi gave a half smile and nodded, feeling a little bit of relief.

"Mom! Dad! You're hommmmeeee." A 4 year old Jungkook screamed all the way from upstairs to the main entrance, jumping in between his parents as they only laughed.

Jungkook slightly turned his head, making eye contact with Yoongi, who only stared amused.

"Oh! Hi!!! I'm Jungkook. Mommy and Daddy and Jinnie-Hyung  call me kookie now though. I don't know if I like it yet. But in the meantime call me Kookie!"

He ended up liking Kookie.

*****

"His family died when he was Jungkook' age, Jin. He has every right to cry. We're not here to replace his family, we're here to let him know that everything will be okay now. So I don't need your rude behavior ruining that! Now you will find a good time and you WILL apologize."

"....Yes dad."

Jin groaned as he heard the same sniffling for the hundredth time, causing him to throw his blanket off and make his way towards the noise. He had no doubt the crying was coming from Yoongi.

Jin opened the boy's new bedroom door and made his way to his side. Yoongi's eyes were shut so whatever he was crying about must be a dream.

"Hey..." Jin shook Yoongi's trembling body. "Wake up. It's just a dream."

Jin wondered if Yoongi was dreaming of evil elves in the North Pole, which would explain his shaking.

As he shook him, his shaking only seemed to get worse, and Jin had no idea what to do next.

Without really thinking about it, Jin did what his mom would do when he, himself, had a nightmare. He climbed in the bed and placed the tiny boy in between his arms, hugging him to warmth. It felt weird being in this position, seeing that Yoongi had only been with them for a week, and the two boys hadn't spoke much in that week. At least not nearly as much as Yoongi and Jungkook.

But it started to feel okay once Yoongi completely stopped shaking, and aa his breaths evened, he slowly woke up.

"What... Jin? Wh-"

"Was it elves?"

"What?"

"Evil elves. In the North Pole. Is that what you were dreaming about? Because you were shaking and I'm assuming you were cold."

Yoongi smiled. "No. It wasn't evil elves."

"Well What was it?"

Yoongi hesitated. But he already knew that Jin was aware of his family's death.

"Our tire broke on a bridge. We fell off and ended up going underwater. My parents and older sister died trying to get me ashore. I still remember how could it was. I read somewhere that death feels cold. Maybe I was so cold because I felt their death." Yoongi called forth every God so that the threatening tear wouldn't fall.

"Oh..." Jin suddenly felt tense. "You can cry. I know I made fun of you for always crying but mom said crying is the way to  end up feeling joy at its fullest."

Yoongi nodded, understanding his words and letting the tears slip.

"The voice said that they didn't deserve to die. I did. Because they died for me when I wasn't worth dying for." He let out one little sob and then closed his mouth to keep more from coming out.

"What voice?"

"The voice. It doesn't have a face so I don't really know how to describe it."

"Like, in your head?"

Yoongi frowned. "No why would a voice be in my head?"

"Because a lot of people have voices in their head. It means they're crazy." Jin shrugged.

"You think I'm crazy?"

"Well I don't know. I just know that daddy sends a lot of people with that problem to a crazy house."

"Why?"

"I don't know."

"Is daddy going to send me there too? Please don't tell him I don't wanna go to a crazy house. I like it here."

Jin sighed. "Then stop thinking crazy."

"How?"

"By seeing my face and listening to my voice. Your family saved you because they loved you. And if you're worth loving then you're worth saving. You're worth it because a part of you believes that it should have been you and not them. And that's exactly why they loved you."

Yoongi's sobbing subdued and he nodded. Smiling at the new outlook of his life. "You mean it?"

"Of course I do."