28

"Welcome! How may I help- oh it's you..."

Namjoon frowned at your reaction.

"And? It is me. I demand the same greeting as everyone else." He pointed his finger at you, causing you to laugh.

"But you're not everyone else." You tilted your head, smiling innocently.

Namjoon lowered his hand and shrugged. "Guess I'm not.

You gave a light laugh. "What are you having today?" You asked.

Namjoon contoured his face in a very comical thinking face. He placed his index finger on his chin and began humming while in thought. Really a sight to look at.

You sighed as you tapped your foot on the floor.

Namjoon raised his eyebrows. "What? You're being impatient? You work here. Plus you have like 40 flavors."

"37" you corrected.

Namjoon laughed. "Right. I'll have one scoop of chocolate and one scoop of....." He quickly glances at the glass. "Stracciatella."

"Basic." You stated before ignoring his hurt look and going over to the ice cream section. You grabbed a cone and opened the glass, but as you reached for the scooper, you realized you were out of chocolate.

"I'll be right back." You placed the cone on the counter and walked towards the freezer room. You began shiver at the simple thought of being in that ice cold room. So as soon as you dialed the access pin, you placed an old bucket in between the door and the doorframe to keep the door open and rushed to get a new chocolate ice cream bucket.

You looked up, only to see it laying on the fifth shelf. You groaned before going to the corner of the room to grab a stool. You began shuddering as you placed the stool on the ground and climbed on it. But God had other plans when he made you; your height still wasn't enough to reach the bucket.

You let out many sounds trying to stretch your body so you could reach the bucket, but to no avail. So you moaned in annoyance before placing your foot on the shelf closest to give you some more height.

From the lobby, Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows upon hearing the noises you were making. Until he inevitably heard the crashing sound of the shelf collapsing under you and a set of groans from you.

"Y/N?" Namjoon didn't hesitate to walk past the counter, not that anyone else was there to scold him since you were the only worker scheduled on this not-so-busy day.

"Y/N, you okay?" He rushed into the room, his leg accidentally hit the bucket with enough force to knock it over, and as Namjoon jumped in pain, he didn't notice the door closing behind him.

"NO!" You yelled, you would have gotten up if it wasn't for the buckets layering on your leg.

The yelling snapped Namjoon out of his pain bubble, and as soon as he saw your position his own leg was long forgotten. "Oh my God. What happened?" He kneeled beside you, quickly grabbing the buckets and throwing them aside.

"Be careful, I m-might end up having to pay for those!" You couldn't even talk properly as the cold was getting to you. That's when Namjoon realized how his fast exhales could be seen.

"Oh it's freezing." He stated.

You rolled your eyes. "You think?"

"I would drop the attitude to the person who's helping you if I were you." He shrugged.

"I didn't ask you to help. Feel free to walk right out- oh wait! You locked us in." The sarcasm in your voice dropped like venom, causing Namjoon to frown. But he continued to remove the buckets from your leg.