09

YOUR POV

The figure standing on the other side of the mirror looked at me with pure disgust. But maybe you're just misreading yourself. Maybe you're nervous. And that scared you.

Because why would you be nervous?

This is a mission. A mission to find Jessica. Nothing more. So why are you feeling this way? Because you're only scared when you could lose something.

And you could lose Namjoon.

You looked down, playing with the hem of your blouse. Your mind running in too many different directions for you to figure out your feelings.

So what if I lose Namjoon? It's not like any of this is real. IT'S ALL A DARE Y/N !!

The bell rang across your house, and you knew Namjoon was downstairs. You turned away from your reflection and grabbed your things. Making your way to Namjoon.

"Taehyung! Since Jimin is at work, please remember to feed Ollie this time."

He looked up from his psychology book. A look of annoyance on his face. "When have I ever forgotten to feed the puppy?"

"Well there was that time-"

"Rhetorical Y/N. Leave please. All you do is hurt me."

"Right..." I sighed. "Bye Tae, love you!" I yelled as I walked out, hearing a faint 'love you too' behind me.

****

He was standing at on the sidewalk, wearing a red coat with a black turtleneck and black jeans, staring at his red and expensive looking shoes as he did his balancing thing. Something you often noticed he did when he's thinking deeply.

He finally looked up once I cleared my throat. Staring me up and down and then forcing a smile.

"Hey..." He approached me. "You look... Decent?"

I had on ripped jeans and a pastel blue blouse. With some white converse.

I gasped softly. "I'm hurt." I proceeded to pat my shirt down, trying to prove some sort of point. "But yeah I get it. I've never been on a date before, I don't know the dress code."

"It's called Google." He gave me a knowing smirk. Knowing I would snap. But I inhaled and looked down, shaking my head as I exhaled. "Sorry." I looked up. "I could go change if-"

"Y/N. I'm joking." He chuckled. "Doesn't matter what you wear. If you're good looking, you can rock anything. And lucky for you, you're good looking." He smirked again, but this time it was different. It was another forced expression.

I sighed.

He doesn't want to go on this date with me.

"So, I have a reservation at 7:30." He brought his hand up, staring at his watch. "Which means we have an hour to get there."

"Then why are you here so early?"

"Because you told me you don't like motorcycles. So we have to walk." He spoke like it was the most obvious thing. But my surprised state said otherwise.

"I... Thanks." Was all I could say. He simply nodded and signaled me the way we were going. Beginning the date with a very awkward walk.

****

Taehyung stared at the clock.

"Huh? That puppy is very quite. Guess I should feed it now?" He got up and grabbed a can of dog food from the pantry. Placing a small amount in the dog's bowl. He then grabbed the food and made his way to the dog's crate, only to find the crate's entrance open and an empty crate.