17

"Why?!" I groaned as I kicked the bucket nearest to me. "Why do I have to care so much about a stupid boy getting me into stupid situations !" You yelled.

You immediately lowered your anger once racers began walking into the room and going towards their designated bikes. Some gave you thumbs up and some completely ignored you.

A beeping noise from above you caught your attention. The timer on the TV turned red as it counted down from 15.

14.

You shook visibly. Looking around for an exit.

13.

You walked towards it, but once you opened the door, the man who called you Alexandra and called himself "your" father stood there.

12.

"What the fuck are you doing?! Go back on your bike idiot!" He pushed you in, slamming the door behind you.

11.

"If you come out this door I'm disowning you." He warned through the door.

10.

You couldn't get a girl disowned from her family simply because you decided that it would be smart to steal her clothes and pretend to be Alexandra as she pretended to be her brother, Alex.

9.

You're "Lex" now.

8.

You have to do it.

7.

You stared at the death trap with a motor and let out a shaky breath.

6.

You walked towards it and climbed on it.

5.

You reached under the helmet on your head and clicked in all safety, making sure it was tight on your head.

4.

The other bikers had already turned on their engines and we're turning the gas handle, letting threatening sounds spill from their bikes.

3.

You turned your own engine on.

2.

Dad.... If you're listening... Watch over me.

1.

The doors in front of you had already lifted, revealing thousands of people anxiously waiting for this race to start. Most of them had signs of the person they wanted to win. You noticed that the signs with "ALEX" and "LEX" on them were common.

You let your own motor let out a growl. Feeling as if your dad had answered your prayer as you suddenly remembered all he had thought you.

GO !!!!

Everyone blasted off.

Except for you.

You hear people booing and telling you to go but everything seemed submerged by water.

"OH, dad I know! Do the heart attack move !!!" You excitedly before your dad  gave you a thumbs up and starting moving his bike again.

As he lifted in the air in this abandoned dirt biking field. You felt fascinated as he almost moved in slow motion in the air.

Almost as if your dad was a flying angel.