15

JIMIN POV

"Jessica..." Ever since her name left my mouth as she was standing in front of me, everything else became a blur of events I was barely present for.

Even when she called my sister a slut.

Or when she left with Namjoon.

Or when she later showered in my home, apologized, and left.

Until now.

"Dude..." Taehyung waved his arm in front of me as I played with Ollie, my gaze somewhat elsewhere.

"I have to go to work soon. But I have to know it's okay to leave you alone." Tae explained slowly, knowing I wasn't fully listening.

"Y/N's here." I responded. I used my hand to tickle Ollie's small stomach.

Teahyung only sighed. "You know what I mean."

"I do. But there's not much you can do Tae. Jessica's back and the feelings I thought were gone suddenly came crashing back. And now I feel like a hypocrite because she has hurt my sister in so many ways." I put Ollie down, too frustrated to keep playing.

"Well sometimes we hurt the people around us because we're hurting ourselves." Taehyung shrugged, getting up and grabbing his jacket along the way. "I'll be back after work. Apparently if I leave you two alone for more than 6 hours all hell breaks loose."

Jimin slightly smiled. He has always been so glad to have Taehyung in his life. He wouldn't have made it through half the things he went through if it wasn't for Taehyung.

"Okay bro. I'll see you later."

****

Jimin sighed once he heard the knock on the door. He had not been planning on getting up anytime soon, and knowing you, you were probably in the dark with some earphones on, too busy listening to your show to even comprehend that there was someone knocking.

But as soon as Jimin opened the door, he regretted it.

"Hey Chim."

"It's Jimin for you." He looked at Jessica up and down. He noticed she had gained a little weight since he last saw her.

"Right..." She mumbled looking down, then she looked up once again. "Listen Jimin I think I owe you an apology too. We were as close and Y/N and Taehyung are. So it would be unfair to not to apologise." She sighed.  "So I'm sorry for leaving without explanation. I'm also sorry for everything I did to your sister. I know it was out of line." She looked at him straight in the eyes, looking for any sort of forgiveness. But finding none.

"You think that's all you have to apologise about?" Jimin gave her his angry look.

"What do you mean?" Jessica was on the verge of whispering, feeling intimidated.

"What about how I felt? I told you how I felt right before you started going out with Namjoon. And I got that, you didn't feel the same. But I've known you for years Jessica, I know how you are. Why didn't I deserve an explanation? Why didn't Y/N?!"

Jessica only looked down. She always thought of Jimin as good looking and fun to be around. But not someone she saw herself spending the rest of her life with. She wasn't sure of the type of man she wanted, but all that doubt left her as soon as she accepted to be Namjoon's girlfriend.

"You guys deserved an explanation. And I was too stupid to tell myself that. But I was scared and betrayed. S-so I just w-wanted to leave. I was h-hurt emotionally and m-mentally." Jessica began finding it hard to speak beyond all the tears she had been holding in.

"Jessica. How about you sit with us and explain the whole story." As soon as you heard Jessica crying, you decided against letting Jessica and Jimin have their own moment. Both clearly still overcome by emotion.

Jessica was happy to see you. And as she sniffed, she followed you to the couch.

"Explain." Jimin said codly.

Jessica sighed, gathering strength. "As I've told you, I found out I was adopted. But that's not all..." She began, both you and Jimin shared a look and then looked at Jessica with evident confusion.

"My parents- my adoptive parents- are Namjoon's biological parents."