Rusty nail (Harry)

Harry and Louis were living together for almost eight years now. They got tired of their appartment in the center of London, so they bought a house, just outside of London. It was a beautiful big house with a huge garden. All of their furniture was already in the new house. They only needed to unpack the last boxes. But today, they were going to clean up the garden, since the previous owner had left a lot of mess. Most of it was wood. Harry and Louis had ordered a container to throw away the mess.

"Haz, sweety, have you seen my gloves? I'm not going to pick up that wood with my bare hands." Louis said.

"They are over there love, on the counter." Harry said.

"Oh, right, now I see them too. Thanks love." Louis replied.

"No problem. By the way, have you seen my rubber boots?" Harry asked.

"No, I think they are still in a box somewhere. But why don't you wear your old All Stars? They are ruined anyway." Louis suggested.

"Good idea, they are for throwing anyway, so I can use them now, like you said." Harry responded.

Harry put on his shoes and Louis his gloves. They went into the garden and started picking up all the wood and threw it in the container. Since the previous owner left so much mess, it would take a while to clean it up.

After a couple of hours the grass finally became visible. They were nearly done with the wood.

"Haz, I'm going to pick up these last pieces, why don't you go into the garden shed already and start cleaning there? I'll join you in a moment." Louis proposed.

"All right love." Harry answered.

He entered the garden shed. It was full of nails and glass.

"I have to be careful here." Harry thought by himself.

He started cleaning the shed, until he felt a stinging pain in his foot. He felt something piercing his skin. Harry started moaning and limped out of the shed.

"Oh ouch..." Harry said as he came out of the shed and back into the garden, limping. He went to sit down on the grass and squeezed his eyes shut.
Louis noticed something was wrong.

"Haz? Love, what's the matter?" Louis asked concerned.

Harry didn't say anything, but he pointed at his left foot.

Then Louis saw what happened.

"Oh no Haz, you stepped into a nail. And it's a rusty one..." Louis stated.

"I know. Damn, that hurts." Harry said.

"I can imagine. We should go to the doctors to remove the nail. Don't pull it out yourself love. You might hurt your foot even more. Come on, swing your arm around my shoulder and try to hop on one leg." Louis said.

Harry did as he was told and swung an arm around his boyfriend. Louis helped Harry towards the car and to the doctor's office. They were allowed to enter immediately.

The doctor had pulled out the nail, which had gone into Harry's foot quite deep. He had cleaned the wound and he even had to give Harry stitches, since it was quite a big nail. Harry winced at the pain, but Louis shushed him by rubbing his back. When the stitches were done, the doctor put a waterproof band aid on the wound and wrapped a bandage around it to keep it in place. Harry wasn't allowed to walk on his foot for a week, due to the stitches.

"Harry, when was the last time you got your Tetanus vaccine?" the doctor asked.

Harry started to think.

"I think that's about ten years ago." Harry said.

"Okay. Then I'm going to vaccinate you now, because ten years is too long a go." the doctor said.