Terrible back pain (Harry)

"Harry, come on, hurry. Niall is waiting for us. You're so slow today. Everything all right?" Louis asked as he saw Harry walking slowly towards the door.

"My back hurts..." Harry answered and squeezed his eyes shut.

"Aw... honey. Why didn't you tell me?" Louis asked.

"I didn't want to worry you..." Harry responded.

"Is it bad?" Louis wondered.

"It hurts to walk, it hurts to breathe and it hurts to move." Harry answered.

"Oh Haz. I'll call Niall that we aren't coming. Come on honey, lay down on the couch. Maybe it hurts less when you lay down." Louis proposed.

"Sounds like a great idea. I hope Niall won't be mad." Harry said and carefully layed down on the big couch. He squeezed his eyes shut again. It was hurting really bad.

"He won't be mad, he'll understand." Louis said.

Then Louis' phone started ringing. It was Niall.

"Hey lads, where are you guys?" Niall asked.

"Well, we aren't able to make it, I'm afraid. Harry is in a lot of pain." Louis explained.

"What happened?" Niall asked.

"I don't know, but his back is hurting terribly. It even hurts to breathe." Louis said.

"Poor lad. I understand. Say hi from me. I hope he feels better soon." Niall said. Louis said bye as well and hung up.

"Aw Haz, I can see you're in a lot of pain. Do you want a heating pad?" Louis asked.

"Yeah, that would be nice." Harry replied.

Louis took a heating pad and put it on Harry's back. Harry winced.

"OW!" Harry cried out.

"Sorry hun, didn't mean to hurt you. How did you hurt your back by the way?" Louis wondered.

"I got out of bed this morning and it was just hurting." Harry

"Do you want me to call the doctor? Perhaps he can give you something for the pain." Louis said.

Harry nodded in agreement.

Louis went to make the phone call.

"Doctor is coming love." Louis said.

Harry wanted to change position, but when he moved, he let out a painful scream.

"OOOWWW..." Harry yelled and got tears in his eyes.

Louis sat down on the edge of the couch and tried to comfort Harry, but he didn't really dare to touch him. He was scared to hurt him more.

"Poor Hazzie. Honey, is there anything I can do to make you feel better?" Louis asked, desperately wanting to relieve his boyfriend's pain.

"Just sitting here is enough." Harry said and put a hand on Louis' shoulder.

Then the doorbell rang.

Louis went to open the door and let the doctor inside.

"So, what's the problem here?" The doctor asked.

"My back really hurts." Harry said.

"All right. If you can turn onto your stomach and lift up your shirt please." The doctor asked.

Harry carefully turned around and lifted up his shirt. Tears started to run from his eyes because the pain was excrusiating.

"That hurts already?" The doctor asked.

"Y... yes. It even hurts to breathe." Harry said.

"Okay. This may be painful, but I need to push on several places, so I can figure out what is causing you this pain." The doctor said.

The doctor started touching Harry's back and Harry screamed a couple of times.

"Okay Harry, you've done really well. I'm afraid you have a hernia. I am going to give you an injection. Pull down your pants please. Not completely, just a little." The doctor said.

"I...injection? Can't you give me something else?" Harry asked and swallowed. He hated injections.

"Shhh.... Haz. You can hold my hand." Louis said.

Harry lowered his pants and grabbed Louis' hand. When the needle pierced Harry's skin, Harry squeezed Louis' hand. It seemed to take ages. Finally it was over.

"The best thing you can do is lay down. But, you have to walk around sometimes as well. But only if it is not too painful. You can take painkillers when you need it, but the injection will start to work soon too. You might get sleepy." The doctor said.

Louis thanked him and guided him outside again. Then he returned to Harry.

"You all right love? Did he hurt you?" Louis asked concerned.

"Yeah... especially with that needle. But the pain in my back is a little better." Harry replied. Then he yawned.

"Tired hun? Probably the injection." Louis asked.

"Hmmm... yeah I'm tired." Harry said. He couldn't keep his eyes open and fell asleep.

Louis took a blanket and covered Harry. He just let him sleep. At least his back wasn't hurting while he slept.

Louis switched the t.v. on, on a low volume so he wouldn't wake Harry.

A couple of hours later, Harry began to stir. Louis walked over to Harry and kneeled down beside him.

"Hey Haz, how is your back?" Louis asked and stroked Harry's hair.

"It hurts..." Harry said and a few tears escaped from the corner of his eyes.

"Maybe you should walk around a bit." Louis proposed.

"N...no. I don't want to move. It hurts to bad." Harry replied.

"Aw, honey." Louis said and pressed a kiss on Harry's head.

"Lou? Can I have a drink? I'm thirsty." Harry said.

"Sure honey. I'll get you some juice." Louis replied and went to take some juice for Harry. He helped Harry to sit up so he could drink.

"Thanks Lou. That was nice." Harry said.

"You're welcome. Here, it's a pain reliever. Take it, you'll feel better." Louis said as he handed Harry a pill. Harry immediately swallowed it.

"Lou? I'm sorry to bother you again... but I have to wee... can you help me?" Harry asked.

"Sure love. And you don't bother me." Louis replied.

Louis helped Harry up, gently. Harry put a hand on his back, trying not to hurt it too much.

"You're doing great love." Louis cooed.

When Harry was done, Louis carefully helped Harry to get back on the couch. Harry squeezes his eyes shut again as he layed down, but after a while he found a comfortable position that didn't hurt too much.

Louis sat down next to Harry.

"It's no fun to have a hernia, my poor sweety." Louis said.

Harry nodded sadly.

"Don't worry Haz. Try to take a nap, you'll feel better. I'll be here for you when you wake up." Louis said.

"Thanks Lou. You're the best. What would I do without you?" Harry said.

"I don't know hun. Now close your eyes." Louis said.

Harry closed his eyes and Louis started playing with Harry's hair. Harry relaxed and fell asleep. All thanks to the soft touch of Louis' hands.

Four days later, Harry was almost as good as new again.