Scaphoid fracture (Harry)

Hi everyone 😄, I'm back after soooo sooo sooooo long. I've had no inspiration for a long time, but since I've been struggling with a scaphoid fracture myself, boom, there was something to write about ;) and now I'm full of inspiration again, so, I'm back 😊 Enjoy.

It was a bright and sunny day. Harry and Louis were outside, taking a walk together.

"Haz, what's the time?" Louis asked.

"It's 11.30 a.m. honey. Are you getting hungry love?" Harry asked, hearing the noises coming from Louis' stomach.

"Yeah, I'm starving actually, don't say anything, I know I'm terrible." Louis said and giggled.

"Ooh Lou, you're not terrible... let's say you're just a little bit more hungry than the average human." Harry said. They looked at each other and laughed.

After a small walk they found themselves a neat place to have lunch.

"Oh Haz, help me, I don't know what to order." Louis said with a puzzled look.

"Well, I'm having a toasted ham and cheese sandwich or like they say in France 'croque monsieur'. I'm feeling French today." Harry said and made a silly face at his boyfriend.

Louis laughed.

"You always feel French Haz, especially those kisses of you. Hmmm, delicious." Louis said and blushed. He decided to order the same thing as Harry.

Thirty minutes later they were outside again.

"What do you think Haz, are we going home?" Louis asked.

"Yes, sounds like a good idea, I think I'm going to give you some French dessert. But before we go, I'm going to the cornershop over there to buy some soda, I'm thirsty as hell." Harry said.

They started walking towards the cornershop. The sun was shining really bright. All of a sudden, Harry gets blinded by the sun and he doesn't see where he's going anymore. His foot gets stuck on a loose brick and he flies through the air and lands straight on his left hand.

*BOOM*

Louis saw it happen and that must have hurt... it was a serious fall.
Louis ran over to Harry, who was on his feet again already, but holding his left hand, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Gosh, Haz, are you all right?" Louis asked, with a worried expression on his face.

"I don't know, I don't know..." Harry said, obviously in pain.

"Your hand looks swollen love, we need to get that checked at the hospital. Can you move it at all?" Louis asked.

"I can move it, but not that much, like, it hurts, ouch, ouch. My wrist, my hand, my thumb, it all hurts." Harry said.

"Doesn't sound good to me. Come on, let's go home and I'll drive us to the ER." Louis said.

1 hour later...

Harry and louis were sitting in the waiting room of the E.R. .
A little bit later it was Harry's turn.

The doctor started doing certain movements with Harry's hand and asked him if what he was doing hurt. Harry nodded.

"I'm suspecting a scaphoid fracture, I'm going to take some x-rays to be sure." The doctor said.

X-rays were made, and the doctor confirmed his diagnosis.

"You're having a scaphoid fracture Harry. The thing with those fractures is that they mostly don't heal that fast. So there are different treatment options. We can start with a cast for 6 to 8 weeks. You come back for new x-rays after four weeks to see how it heals. If it heals good, we can continue the treatment with a cast. If it doesn't heal well, we will opt for surgery. Your second option is to have surgery right away and afterwards a cast for four weeks. The choice is yours." The doctor said.