Insanity (both)

A/N: This story is inspired by the song 'Miracle' from The Score.

Harry was tossing and turning. For sure he was tired, but he just wasn't able to fall asleep. It didn't take long for Louis to wake up.

"Haz... I thought there was a hurricane, but then I figured it was you tossing and turning. What's the matter love?" Louis asked concerned. He could tell by the look on Harry's face something wasn't right.

"Don't worry about it Lou. It's only 3 a.m., go back to sleep honey." Harry said.

"Haz... you've been acting strange lately, I know something is wrong with you. Don't give me the silent treatment. I want to know what's up honey." Louis said.

"Lou... look, I know you're worried, but there is no reason to be worried, I'm perfectly fine, just a bit stressed out due to my busy schedule. But other than that, I'm fine. Trust me." Harry said.

"Okay Haz. If you don't wanna talk about it, I'm going back to sleep. But I know you, because I love you so deeply. And I don't know if you're aware of it, but sometimes I can feel what you feel, and I'm not just saying this..." Louis said, trying one last time to get something out of Harry.

After what Louis just said, something snapped inside of Harry. Harry stood up from the bed, but immediately fell to his knees, which scared the hell out of Louis. Louis got out of bed as fast as he could and kneeled down beside Harry and put a hand on his back. But Harry didn't seem to be himself, because as soon as he felt Louis' hand on his back, he started to feel angry for no reason at all. Before he even knew it himself, or realised it, he punched Louis in the face. Louis fell down and hit his head on the ground.

"Ow..." Louis moaned, grabbing his head. It really hurt. But he wasn't sure what was hurting more at the moment, his head or his heart. What was happening to the Harry he knows?

Shocked by his own actions, he snapped back into reality and he started to realize what he'd just done.

"Oh my god Louis, sweety are you okay? I had no intention of doing that, I'm so sorry honey, oh my.... does it hurt?"  Harry asked concerned as he kneeled down beside Louis.

"Yeah... my head hurts, I hit it when I fell." Louis answered.

"Oh no honey... I'm so sorry." Harry said and ran a hand through Louis' hair.

"You know what Haz? It's okay. I'm not mad at you. But please Haz... tell me what's going on... I might be able to help, you know." Louis said in a soothing manner.

Harry sighed, but he gave in. He felt so guilty for what he just did.

"Okay Lou, I'll tell you... but it's hard..." Harry replied.

"Okay honey, but you know, whatever it is... I have your back sweetheart. I love you and it hurts me to see you suffer like this. But first I'm going to get some ice for my head." Louis said as he slowly stood up.

"Aw... Lou, I'm really sorry, I really didn't wanna do that. Does it hurt bad?" Harry asked and tears started to fall down from his eyes, each teardrop drawing a different shape on the floor.

Louis came over to Harry and just hugged him tight and rubbed his back.

"Shhh... hey, honey, don't cry, it's all okay. I know you didn't mean to. It's not that bad, it's not that I have a major headache or something, but I am getting a bump." Louis replied.

Harry wiped away his tears and felt Louis' head. Indeed, there was a bump and quite a big one too. And it was all his fault. He tried to fight the tears, but he couldn't. Louis in the meanwhile had grabbed an ice pack and used a kitchen towel to strap it on his head, so he had his hands free to comfort Harry, who had gone to sit down on the bed.