Ryou VS Yugi

Episode(s): 82 - 84

Everyone that was participating in the tournament was getting ready for their duels.

After getting her deck ready, Lilly left to go find her friends. She saw Seto leave and Joey, Tristan, Duke, and Namu with him, all go to the main hall. She ran to catch up with them.

Once they were in the main hall, Tristan and Joey ran to get all the free food they could eat.

'Something tells me that by the end of this, Joey and Tristan will have stomach pains or Seto is going to be sorry that he let them on. Probably both,' Lilly thought with a sweat drop and smile. She then went to Serenity to talk to her.

"Hello, Lilly," said Serenity with a smile.

"Hey, Serenity, are you staying with your brother too?" asked Lilly with a smile. Serenity nodded.

"Yeah! It's been so long since I've been with my brother."

"It must be a relief to be spending time with him."

"It is. I feel like I'm back in time!" said Serenity with a huge smile.

While they were talking, Duke came up to them and started to flirt with them. Joey saw and got mad.

"Leave my sister and her best friend alone!" he yelled at Duke.

"I'll leave Serenity alone for now, but there's nothing you could do about Lilly," replied Duke as he wrapped his arm around Lilly's waist to piss Joey off. Yami, who had taken control of Yugi's body, saw this and was mad as he noticed Lilly seemed uncomfortable. Yugi, who was in his spirit form was also mad, glaring daggers at Duke. Mai noticed Yami and went up to Duke and hit him in the back of the head.

"Leave her alone or I will personally throw you off this blimp," she said with an angry face.

"Okay," he said and walked away to get some food and to make sure that he wouldn't be killed by Mai.

"Thanks Mai!" Lilly said with a smile. Mai smiled back and left to go talk to Yami again. Lilly saw him and smiled at him. She then saw her brothers and went to them.

"Hey, what's the holdup?" asked Joey to Seto. "When are we gonna find out who we duel, Kaiba?"

"You're in quite a rush just to lose, Wheeler," replied Seto with his arms crossed. He then uncrossed his arms and put one hand to his jacket color. "Let's begin this now."

"Sorry, Mr. Kaiba," replied Fuguta, "but only eight finalists are present. Shall I bring up the nineth one?"

"Yes, now!" said Seto as he then snapped his fingers. "Let's go!"

The lights turned off and a machine rose from the platform in front of everyone. They started in awe and confusion.

"Huh? What's that thing?" asked Joey.

"Finalists and guests," began Roland, "may I have your attention please? Now, the first two duelists for round one will be chosen by lottery."

"What's the jackpot?" asked Mai.

"To guarantee fairness, each pair of opponents will be selected completely at random. You've all been assigned a number from one through eight. The selector will now choose the first two numbers. The second pair of number will not be drawn until a winner is declared in the first duel. Thus, you will not know your opponent's identity until just before you duel."

"I'm fighting the urge to yell out 'Bingo!'" said Tristan to Duke.

"Go ahead. I'll laugh," replied Duke.