First Round

Episode(s): 187 - 188

It was the next day and Lilly was sitting with Yugi in the front row.

"Can you believe this crowed?" he asked.

"It's huge!" said Tea.

"Look!" said Duke as he pointed at Joey, "Joey is trying to scare his competition away with his weird chicken dance!"

After a few more minutes, the younger Kaiba brothers came out and started announcing.

"Give it up to your current national champions! Yugi Moto and Lilly Kaiba!" said Mokuba as a camera focused on them. People started chanting their names.

"Give a shout out to your fans!" said James. Yugi looked nervous and Lilly smiled and waved at the cameras. She then leaned into Yugi and gave him a kiss.

"AWW!" said everyone but Tea, who was glaring at them. The two could have sworn they felt Seto glaring at them too, but they couldn't see him.

"Good luck everyone!" Lilly said as she smiled. Everyone cheered. They focused on Yugi again, but he said nothing.

"Moving on!" said Lance.

It was then announced that Joey would be dueling the mystery duelist. Everyone kept mentioning how he looked familiar.

"Yugi, isn't that-" Lilly started, but he put his hand over her mouth. He then nodded.

"I think it would be best if everyone figured it out on their own," he said. She just nodded and then smiled at him when he took back his hand.

"Now, let's hear from Yugi!" said Mokuba, putting him on the spot, again. He went to talk, but got very nervous. It was cute. Then Seto came and said how this was a ruthless battle, not a friendly game.

They stayed in the arena to watch the battle from the big screen. And Joey decided to be stupid and go get food instead of go to where he was supposed to be. So the others had to rush and take him there, luckily he made it in time.

"Only Joey would do this!" Lilly said.

"Yeah!" said the others with a sweat drop.

"Hay! How did you get here before us?" asked Tea, looking pissed.

"If you guys would have stopped to listen, you would have known that there are secret underground tunnels that can get you places," Lilly said. Tea was going to yell at her when Yugi step in.

"Next time, we should use those," he said with a laugh.

"YEAH!" yelled Duke and Tristan.

They then watched the duel. After watching for a while. The Professor arrived.

"You know Yugi, your grandfather isn't the only one with that card," he said as he showed them all the card.

"You have an Ancient Dragon too!" said Yugi.

"Yes, but I have never been able to summon it because I do not have all the necessary components. In fact, your grandfather is the only duelist I know who has all seven cards needed to call forth this awesome creature. So I hope you kids appreciate the rare event you just witnessed."

He then started to tell them his competition with Mr. Moto and how he was so happy he got the last card he needed. He then told them how he is the happiest when he's dueling.

"I guess he's just a kid at heart," said Tea.

"Guess so," said Yugi.

After a while, they decided to remind Joey to have fun. He then won the duel, and being the idiot that he is, he didn't realize it was Grandpa Moto till the mask came off.

"Stupid!" Lilly said.

"Yeah, but that's Joey for you," said Yugi. Grandpa then turned to look at them.

"Yugi! When were you going to tell me you and Lilly were dating! I deserve to know when I'm going to be a great grandpa!" he said. Yugi face was so red. Lilly just had a light blush.

"WE'RE TO YOUNG FOR THAT!" yelled Yugi. Everyone just laughed. Teas glared at Lilly and Yugi could have sworn he felt killing intent from Seto, though said man was nowhere to be seen.