Chapter 1

Lexi pov~

Being an orphan isn't fun. I watch other kids get adopted as for me, I get pushed back away. My name is Lexi Limones, but like getting called Lex, 14 years old and have orange hair. I get bullied for being different. My inspirations involve: Of Mice And Men, Issues, Bring Me The Horizon, and many more. Just as it turns 3 p.m., Stacy pulls me up the stairs.

"Get ready, people are coming to adopt kids. Be presentable." Stacy said.

I go upstairs to my room and look through my drawers. Within about 5 minutes, I end up with my Issues shirt, green skinny jeans and run into the bathroom to do my makeup. I apply a bit of foundation, some eyeliner and finish off with mascara. I throw on my clothes, put on my music note belt, striped suspenders and grey converse. After putting on my bracelets and beanie, Stacy comes into my room.

"Come on Lexi! People are waiting!" yelled Stacy.

I walk downstairs to see youngest to oldest lined up. Stacy pushes me to my spot and notice Michael Bohn from Issues. Oh my fucking gosh! The Michael fucking Bohn is here! Many people sigh at me, typical. Just as I was about to get out of line, I feel Stacy's hand gripping my arm.

Michael pov~

Stacy gripped the girls arm and I saw disgust in her eyes.

"Her? Lexi? Are you sure?" questioned Stacy.

"Positive." I said.

She pulls the girl to the stairs and then Stacy goes into her office as the girl runs upstairs. Stacy motions for me to her office and she pulls out the girls folder, Lexi Limones.

"The girl is Lexi Limones, she is 14 and is a handful. She is too shy so don't complain if she barely speaks. All you need to know about her is in this very folder." Stacy said in disgust.

Stacy gave me the folder like it was some sort of disease. Lexi was then pulled close to Stacy and I soon saw tears forming in her eyes. I smiled at her and took her suitcase to the car. Tyler was singing random songs as Scout(Ty) was on his phone. I walked back into the orphanage to see Lexi holding her cheek with tears furiously going down her face. I quickly pulled her into a hug and I heard Stacy scoff. I led Lexi to the car and Tyler quickly greeted her.

"Why hello!" Tyler exclaimed excitedly.

"Hi." Ty said.

Lexi flinched and then I saw pain in both of the guises eyes. Tyler turned the music down a bit and I drove to the house. As I park, the rest of the guys were outside already. Scout, being nice enough, took Lexi's suitcase into the house. Tyler smiled at her and she cracked a small grin, it's the start.

Lexi pov~

Michael opens my door and I still feel scared, wait I need to tell Michael or someone! As we walk around the car, the guys quickly charge towards us. I jump behind Michael to see that he had concern written all over his face. I feel so bad now. The guys lead me to my room, which was pretty cool! Scout put my suitcase next to my closet and then AJ broke the silence.

"We'll let you unpack and maybe you can come downstairs so we can introduce each other." AJ said.

I nodded then Skyler grinned. The guys left and I began unpacking. As I put my suitcase in the closet, it was super quiet downstairs. I walked to the family room and 6 pairs of eyes were staring at me. Michael then stood up and I noticed my folder opened on the coffee table.

"Come sit Lex, we won't hurt you. We promise." Micahel said, smiling.

I slowly sat by Michael and saw guilt in everyone's eyes.

"Lexi, we read these files. Is it true that you're terrified of men?" Tyler questioned.

I pulled my knees into my chest and nodded. I knew it was a bad idea to be adopted by a band guy with 5 other guys. Michael might send me back to the orphanage! I don't want to go back, it's horrible!

"What made you think that hun?" Scout questioned.

"What?" I asked.

"You said Michael might send you back to the orphanage, why?" Josh asked.

I can't believe I just fucking said that out loud!

"Because it wouldn't work out. I'm scared of men and a singer adopted me which who lives with his band. It's going to be horrible living here." I said.

"If you don't mind me asking, but why are you terrified of men? You don't have to answer if you don't want to." Michael said.

{I'm not sure if this part will be triggering, please don't read if you feel uncomfortable}

"When I was first adopted at 11, a man took me home and he pushed me to the ground. He would beat me, he raped me and would have his friends pay to rape me. He sent me back to the orphanage within 4 months and then for 2 more years, I was raped and beaten by my foster parents. And now, since I got adopted again, you took me home and I'm so scared for my life that I will be raped and beaten again." I swalled the lump in my throat.

{It's over everyone!!}

Everybody had tears in their eyes or were crying from my little story. I felt so bad because I made them cry. Michael then grabbed a pillow and cried, screaming something I couldn't understand.

"Michael, what are you trying to say?" I questioned.

Michael then looked at me and quickly wiped his eyes.

"I'm just so sorry this happened Lexi." Micahel cried.

I patted his shoulder and walked towards the stairs before turning to face the guys.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

I then ran up the stairs and locked my door. Everything began flashing back to me. Making my foster dad's crying about my story, but they ended up beating and raping me afterwards. There was knocking/banging on my door and I ran to my closet. Please don't let them find me! The door was opened and I saw the guises feet. They were looking everywhere until they left, except one person. He walked to the closet and I quietly turned the lock, now he can't get in. He was then trying to open the door and I just began screaming. The doors stopped moving before I heard a click, oh no! The doors opened and I quickly ran out of my room screaming before someone grabbed me. I was crying to this point, not caring if my makeup was ruined.

"I'm sorry Jake! Don't hurt me, please! I promise not to disobey you again!" I yelled.

I was then pulled into a...hug? There was quiet chatter and then I closed my eyes, blacking out.