Chapter 9

Scout pov~

We get home to see Brianna holding a guy and Michael pissed. I look up and saw Lexi standing at the top of the stairs.

"What's going on here?" Josh asked.

"She's cheating." Michael exclaimed.

Skyler grabbed Michael and pulled him away from her. Brianna then left with the guy and then Michael pulled away from Skyler.

Lexi pov~

Michael punched the wall and Ty ran towards me.

"Go put on some shoes, I'm taking you out for a bit honey." Ty said.

I quickly put on pants and my blue converse. I grab my phone and met Ty outside my room.

"Ready?" Ty asked.

"Yeah." I said, nodding.

Ty grabbed my hand and see the guys holding back Michael, which who created a huge hole in the wall. Ty unlocked the car and drove off somewhere. I kept thinking of Michael punching the wall. Since I saw what he can do when he's angry, I started feeling terrified of being near him. What if he loses his temper and beats me? What if he starts abusing me soon? What if-

"Lexi?" Scout asked.

I looked around, we're at a hill? Thank you Ty Acord for pulling me out of my thoughts.

"You okay?" Scout asked.

I nod and then we got out the car. Ty and I were walking before he broke the comfortable silence.

"You know, Michael would never hurt you. You're probably wondering why I'm saying because you were thinking aloud.

I then let a tear slip and then I was pulled into a hug. Ty held me close as I just cried out emotions. I guess I was too busy crying because someone else was now hugging me and then it hit me, Michael. I push him away and see that Ty had left us. I felt completely vulnerable towards Michael. As he stepped closer, I stepped back.

"Lex." Michael said.

I curled up into a ball and just began crying. Why am I so weak to everybody?

"Please don't hurt me!" I screamed.

"Why would I ever hurt you honey?" Michael asked, with hurt in his eyes.

"I saw you punch that wall. I was just thinking that since you're that powerful, you were gonna hurt me. Like abuse and r-rape me." I stuttered, crying.

Michael then pulled me into a hug and carried me to his car. Please don't let him hurt me!

Michael pov~

I carried Lexi to her room and placed her onto the bed. As I was about to let go, Lexi still hang on. I kicked my shoes off and climbed into bed. Lexi then shoved her face into my chest and I held her close.

"I would never hurt you baby." I whispered.