Chapter 1: The Present

Nayeon's POV

"Ugh. I am so tired.", I plopped on the sofa as soon as I woke up.

"We don't have anything to do right now. I'm so bored.", Sana sighed.

"You should be happy that we have a day off today!", I told Sana as we saw Jihyo, prepared to head out. "Yah! Ji! Where are you going now? Can I come with you?"

"Uhm. No. I'm gonna have a date.", Jihyo raised a finger. "And no one should follow me, understand?"

We sighed when our leader happily went out of the house. Of course, who would want to be such trash inside their dorm while their leader is going out to enjoy? Ahh. I feel so jealous that Jihyo has someone to enjoy with. I mean, romantically. Like, someone's gonna take her out, someone's gonna surprise her, the kissing scenes.

"I want to do something. I don't want to watch an action movie or play some video games again.", Mina pouted as she also went outside. "I want an isolated place by myself only, okay? Bye, guys. I want to be solemn."

"Wow! In this early morning, huh?", Chaeyoung banged her room door. "That sounds suspicious, Mina!"

"Aish. Why is everyone here all abnormal?", I moved my feet and packed some of my stuff.

"And where are you heading off?", Jeongyeon popped her head out of nowhere.

"Home.", I rolled my eyes and pushed her away as I went outside.

"Momo yah! Where are you going?!", Dahyun held her hand.

"Shopping?", Momo giggled. "Buy some dresses for my Barbies?"

"Eww. A kid." Tzuyu passed by them.

"Hop on!", a car parked in front of where I am standing. "Aren't they coming with you?"

"No, mom."

Ding dong! Everyone stared at the front door when the doorbell rang. I stood up as everyone was caught up watching the TV show. I slowly opened the door and found no one around. Mwo? A box?

"Strange people.", I placed my hands on my waist and stared at the huge box that looks presentable enough as a gift. "Is this from my fans?"

My eyes enlarged when I think pessimistically. What if this box is from a sasaeng or a hater?! What if this is a prank?!

"Who's there, honey?", my mom asked me.

"No one's here.", I shrugged and locked the door while carrying the box that was left outside.

"What is that?", mom pointed the box.

"I don't know. Someone left it outside the door though I did not see who left it there. Aigoo."

"That's truly strange. Let me take a look outside again.", mom opened the door. "You're right. No one's here."

We all shrugged and everyone went to watch the show again not minding what just happened. I did not join them as I went straight to my room. I set the heavy box on my bed. There's a tag. A red tag. A present for Im Nayeon? I know it's my birth month but not my birthday? A chilly sigh puffed from my mouth. My hand gently touched the red ribbon as I was planning to open this gift from an unknown sender.

Untie on top. The ribbon slid on each side softly as it swept on the fabric of my comforter. I removed the expensive wrapper by cutting it with my long nails as it dug and lacerated it. Opened the box unveiling the enchantment that filled the air. Why are there sparks circling my room? My eyes glued at the sparks like I was daydreaming until my vision slowly landed downwards. My hands crept slowly inside the box and took a beautiful gift I had seen. I lift it as a genuine smile formed in my lips.