Chapter 19: The Bear

Y/N's POV

"Why are you holding me and where are you taking me?", I stopped running together with this random stranger who took me with her.

"You need my help!", she smiled at me.

"Me? Need your help? Why would I need your help? What can you help me?"

"Stop talking for a moment. We are almost there.", she grabbed me once again but I stopped walking.

"Are you going to kidnap me? My mother said not to talk to strangers! Who knows? Maybe you are going to sell my organs on the black market!"

It's not like I don't trust others. I even trusted Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and Momo. This is different now though. I am in the city and I am in a dark subway at this moment. She did not even bother to explain why she's doing it. Without hesitation, she grabbed me again.

"Hey! Will you please stop?!"

"We are here!", she let me go as she opened her arms wide.

"What is this place?"

"A small restaurant.", she just went in leaving me outside wondering. "Come in!"

Ahh! That smells good. This is a low-key business, but I think that they cook good things here. Is she gonna buy me food then? Is that her kind of help?

"Erika! You are finally here!", an old woman in her late 70's appeared from the kitchen. "Got what you wanted already?"

"Yes, grandma!"

The sudden nervousness came back again when I heard the old woman's words and when the girl looked back at me. Maybe they wanted me. They wanted my organs! I was about to run when the old woman started speaking again.

"I can see you brought a friend together with you.", the old woman held my hands. "You are welcome here. What do you want to eat?"

"Aren't you even gonna ask my name first before you would let me eat?"

"Old people's instincts are always precise.", she did not bother to ask me that question. "If I could feel that I could trust you, then I trust you."

"Grandma, she is not my friend!", Erika took me along with her.

"What is she then, darling?"

"She will work here!"

"What?!", I did not know that there was hiring going on here.

"It seems like she wasn't expecting that.", the old woman went inside the kitchen again and took ramen together with her. "The weather's cold due to the rain the whole day. This kind of heat is better than giving off the heat in your minds."

The soup was flowing back and forth because of how unstable the hands of the grandma moved. I took it as a sign for me to take it so it won't tire her.

"This is for you."

"Huh?"

"How are we gonna have a profit if you kept on giving stuff away out of kindness, grandma?", Erika pouted.

"Life isn't all about money, darling. Giving kindness and receiving a 'thank you' from people is already a profit.", grandma sat in front of me. "Do not talk like that in front of the soup. Manners."

"Thank you.", I slurped the soup with a loud sound to know that I am pleased with how welcoming grandma was.

"Yah! You are still gonna payback for that!", Erika was a bit farther so that grandma won't tell her not to talk like that in front of the soup. "You weren't able to get the bear you wanted in the toy shop. Earn money by working here then."