Chapter 50: The End: The Magic

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Okay, I wrote this chapter before the release of Eyes Wide Open album, and I was amused that Nayeon's written song, "Depend On You", could somehow relate to the story. Don't you think so? Take your time to listen to it and feel the lyrics. After this chapter, listen to the official audio. Here you go for the ending! 🤭💌

Nayeon's POV

"Hello, mom?", I held my phone in my left hand while I'm trying to drive. "What brings you up?"

"N-Nayeon?"

"What's the matter? Your voice is shaking. Is it because of the signal?"

"A-ahh. The signal?", there was a slight pause, but her soft voice turned into a stronger one. "Yah! Where are you headed to this time?! I hope you aren't going back to that cliff again!"

"R-relax, mom. I'm not that stupid enough.", I stuttered as I am off to the mansion. "Mind telling me why are you calling me this time?"

"Oh, that.", there she goes again. "I don't really know what exactly happened inside your room, but the kid next door broke something, and now it's shattered to pieces that I couldn't recognize what it is."

There goes my foot stepping on the breaks in a forceful way that my head had to move forward in reaction. Forget the mansion and just go back home. Of all the things that I could think, why do I feel bothered? I am coming home to you.

"Nayeon! I did not expect you to immediately come here! Were you keeping something important that the shattered pieces will lead you to come home?", I ignored my mom and just headed to open my door as it banged on the wall.

"Now, where is it?", I wanted my mom to answer me as fast.

"I swept the floor and it's already outside."

Leaving my mom alone and not talking to her just like a normal daughter would do, that hurt me, but it hurts more when you have this instinct inside about what had happened. About losing a part inside. I opened the paper that was used to wrap the shreds.

"Was it an award or a gift?"

Mentioning the word gift could only make me cry softly. I am very familiar with what this thing is. Although a lot of her parts were powdered, I know her very well. All I could do is lift her while the powder is flowing out from spaces in between my fingers. How could she be tortured her whole life even if it's not her own body?

"Ahjumma, mianhe.", there was a voice that entered our premises.

"It's okay-"

The magic dust that no one ever knew was still lingering in my hands, but I used this magic to grab the kid and let him out making him cry. There'll be no mercy this time when he didn't even have mercy to my thing.

"Nayeon! What are you doing to the kid?!"

"From now on, never ever come back inside this house again. You are not welcome.", the tears in my eyes dropped and washed the powder on my hands. "I love her. May you never find your love in the future."

A kid's cry that got me annoyed, and I know that I am not happy that I was the reason a kid could cry, but can you blame me? I never spoke to my mother again as I left to go somewhere where I could see her once again.