Chapter 44: The Truth

Nayeon's POV

"See that girl?", there was a voice behind my back. "She was there for almost 2 decades already."

There was something unusual in the ambiance and I don't know if I should be frightened, terrified, or unhappy about the revelation that was unveiled right in front of my eyes.

"Comatose?"

"Yes.", it was the doctor that treated me. "I am not assigned to be her doctor, but the doctor assigned to her needed some help last time and that's how I discovered her, though she was always kept here privately."

"For 20 years?", my heavy breathing.

"I don't know the whole story about her, so I cannot answer any questions coming from you.", the doctor patted my back. "I went here since you stopped in this room and I remembered that I saw that face back when you were admitted here. She was with your friends."

"Doctor? Nayeon unnie? What are you talking about?", Jihyo was approaching us. "Nayeon, something just happened here! Why aren't you showing any concern to her?"

Jihyo whispered the last parts so the doctor wouldn't know what we are dealing with. The doctor knows better than us though.

"Nayeon unnie! Y/N had disappeared! Why are you still there?", Momo just had to open her mouth. "We should find her now!"

Just then, a beeping sound was heard inside the room. The doctor noticed me go away. I could see her over there. I just had to run because of what I am seeing right now.

"Nayeon!", the others were catching up.

"Nayeon! Y/N isn't around? Why are we gonna go now? Why are we leaving her behind?!", Jihyo was holding my hands that were turning the steering wheel. "Nayeon! Are you even listening to me?!"

"Didn't you see her in that room?!", I stopped driving. "She isn't here because she's in that room!"

"I did not understand any part of what you've said a while ago.", Jihyo offered me some drinks. "I don't know which would fit your mood, so I brought them all."

"Thanks.", I chose a drink, but that did not soothe my nerves.

"Mind talking?"

The can of soda drink landed on the table. It is starting to wrinkle when I used my force, and let it all out. I was still nervous.

"I don't know I was loving someone who was in comatose for 2 decades already.", seeing her face just like that. "I don't know that the thing I owned is a real person trapped in the ventilators."

Jihyo's drink spilled all over the floor. They weren't able to witness what I witnessed because they were too focused on Y/N. We were all too focused on a fantasy that we had forgotten about reality.

"Huff.", she wouldn't believe it. "What are you talking about?"

"If seeing her from a doll turning into a human is unbelievable, I wouldn't be surprised that seeing her in a hospital bed is believable.", it's permeating me. "But believe me, what are we supposed to believe right now?"

"Im Nayeon!", a huge pound on the door was heard and as I turned around, my collar was lifted high as she was taller than me. "Momo mentioned that Y/N isn't around because you left her in the hospital! How could you do that?! How could you bring her into a place and leave her behind?!"