Chapter 23: The Sadness

Nayeon's POV

I know it wasn't a long time since we discovered each other. I first hated her. Never thought that the saying "The more you hate, the more you love" truly exists. I didn't even know that every time I hold the steering wheel, I go excited with the thought of seeing her. Every time the sun shines the brightest, I curse not because of the strain in my eyes, because I'd like it to disappear. And when it disappears, she appears. I never knew I would like the rain like this. It's like the rain quenches the thirst my soul feels.

"I don't know what's inside of me, Nayeon.", her eyes were fixated on the rain. "Every time it rains, I am recalled that I should not be happy. The sadness inside immerses me."

With what she said, I lost desire. What I felt wasn't reciprocated. How could I feel happy when the happiness for me is the sadness for her?

"But the rain is the only time that you could be alive except for midnights wherein everyone's asleep.", I'm trying to change her mind. "Do you still despise the rain with that reason?"

"Nayeon.", I didn't hear Jeongyeon calling me though she's right beside me. "Nayeon, look!"

A flashing light made my eyes grow round. I cannot see the rainfall anymore even with the brightest light.

"Yah! What are you trying to do?!", the man came out of his car. "Look at what you've done! You have to pay for this!"

The angry man was going wild knowing that it was my mistake why his new car's headlight was shattered. Why am I even on the other side of the street?

"Mianhe.", with embarrassment, I still went outside to apologize. "Sure, I will pay for that."

"Oh my gosh! Twice's Im Nayeon!", is he gay?

"Umm?", I took out some cash inside my wallet. "Would this be enough?"

"There's no need to pay me, Nayeon.", what's with the sudden change of mind? "I am honored to be bumped by you."

"I do not need to pay?"

"Of course! I know that you are very stressed out because of your promotions. You might have fallen asleep while driving. I understood why it happened. Don't worry about this. I could afford to fix it."

Glad that Y/N isn't here or else I would be reprimanded if I wouldn't do at least one good thing for this man. Sure, I'm gonna do something then. I'm proud to smirk despite my mistake.

"How about my autograph?"

"What happened to the headlights?", Jihyo was investigating what happened.

"It was nothing.", I then looked at Jeongyeon. "We had a minor accident because of a minor dispute."

"The two of you again?"

"Normal.", Chaeyoung overlooked everything.

"Come inside now. We are gonna have a short meeting.", Jihyo made us hurry.

"What am I here for?", Tzuyu was scratching her head.

"Did you do something wrong again, Sana unnie?", Dahyun was eyeing on Sana who clumsily kicked her tibia on the center table.

"Why me?!"

"May I have your attention everyone?", the president walked in so we all sat down. "Wondering why I summoned for us to assemble here?"